Rubic Or Regular? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rubic Or Regular?

So I have a game coming up in 2 weeks, and I am going to be using all of my points, all of them. And I was wondering, should I go with the tooled up Terminator Chosen? Or just use them as Rubric Terminators? The Chosen would be around 110pts a piece, whereas the Rubics are around 50 lol. So heres the real question, More wounds? Or More attacks/psychic attacks?

Thanks in advance

-Centum

Edit: I should probably add that my list will end up being close to 6000pts

Last edited by Centum; December 15th, 2005 at 03:57.
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Had Tzeentch before I knew how to play :P

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

You go for the Rubriks Centum. They are a pain for the opponent. The chosen are awsome on paper, but when the bullets start flying around them they tend to bring an awful lot of points when they leave the table.
    The Rubriks on the other hand, OK they do lack all that fancy stuff but that's what the Champ is for. They are hard as nails and it takes quite some massed small arms fire to take them down (something like 72 BS3 lasguns) and they still wield them Powerweapons at I4. They are just great.
    Have a Chosen of Ahriman join them if it's OK with your opponent and you'll have one mean unit.

EDIT: How could I forget to mention that they are not instakilled by plasma

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

I'm basicaly against any non rubric Tzeench unit. I'm not saying they arn't powerful or that they can't work, but the cost per model with or without psi powers is just rediculous. the example you just gave was a 4 to 1 wound ratio for the same points. How much damage is one chosen termi going to do compaired to 2 rubri termies, let alone how much firepower they will absorb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys, The mission is to defend this castle. And I figured I would just hold up my chosen inside of it, untill they broke through. I would then hit them with 9-18 bolt of changes and then charge them. Or use the rubrics to tie them up by deepstriking them. Does that change anything? Any tips for me?

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Can you field a unit of Rubrics and a unit of chosen in your list? Reason i'm asking is I played a 4000 pt slugfest against one of my usually favorite allies: Mansers thousand sons where i play. He used 5 rubrics and man they had staying power. The Chosen however were incredibly pricey, but they rocked my Obliterator unit which rarely happens. having to face both in 1 army was absolutely brutal when backed by 3 squads of thousand sons.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rubric all the way! i mean rubric with with power fist 48 points ( has to take out 3 marines to get back its points). and ruberic around 100 points ( has to take out 7 marines to do that )

Whitch one will take out it points worth and STILL BE LEFT WITH WOUNDS the ruberic ofcourse!

The ruberic being 2x cheaper 2x tougher and not being targeted as much would survive way longer. Do you really think a 5 man strong sqaud of non-rubs are going to take out 500 points? ( thats 133 grots ) or 20 blood letters.

think about it

re-tought ok now i know what there pourpose is it sorta changes my mind..... but still they are going to fire everything at it.

Great idea why dont you give all of them thrall sorceror and bolt of change that way they get 15 bolt of changes each divide that by 5 is 75 .... imagine the devastating effect of using that on a gaunt units. also if you give them thralls thats 20 more wounds added on making them alot more hard to beat then they were before
    Last edited by 1st class tramp; December 15th, 2005 at 22:40.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a total of 18 Terminator Models, So I could have 1 Rubric squad and 1 Chosen... or whatever. So what is the final decision? Remember, Points are no object to me, because I am making as many points as I want. So 1000pt Chosen squad isnt that much, considering I could possibly have a 7000pt list...

Not sure I have all those thralls tho

-Centum

*Edit*

Here is my outline for a chosen Squad

Chosen Terminator
    -BoC
    -2 Thralls
    -D. Resiliance
    93pts a piece... but the resiliance would give them better staying power. Do you think it would make up for the single wound?
    Last edited by Centum; December 16th, 2005 at 05:13.
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Centum
    93pts a piece... but the resiliance would give them better staying power. Do you think it would make up for the single wound?
    No, as the only things they're likely to fear is the things that will wound them on a 2+ anyways (Plasma, Meltas, Lascannons). It will help if they're subject to a torrent of fire from, say, Bolters.

Do you have Chaos Spawn models? Drop some of those into the squad to help eat up wounds. Anything that can take the hits before the expensive Chosen do. Pity you can't take Hounds, as they'd be a wonderful choice...

If you are doing a "castle" defense type of mission, the expensive Chosen might be fine as you can hide them until it's time for them to start dropping BoCs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah thats what I was thinking Caliun... But should I make 2 squads of chosen? Or 1 of each?

I figured the resiliance would be helpful against the bolter fire, since that seems to be what normally shoots at my terminators, because I have so many other things running around the board (2 LRs, 2DPs, 1 Lt, 2Rhinos one of which carrys LoC, 2Defilers, 2Dreads and then my Pred)

Does that change anything? Should I just post my army list?

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

I'm still of the opinion of only rubrics. If there is no point cap, why not just take 3 small rubric squads to get the sorcerers you want. 3 5 man squads each lead by a sorcerer with BoC and thralls will get you most of the psi power while still keeping lots of wounds and cost roughly 800 points (no codex at work). You also have to realise that even with D resilence you sill have two rubric termies for every chosen, even being overkilled by las cannons they are twice as durable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast