Librarium Online Forums banner

A question for Thousand Sons players

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Caluin 
#1 ·
I played against a TSons army today, and was soundly beaten. My opponent claimed to have an ability called, I think, 'The Key', that allowed his TSons to deep strike around the board instead of moving. I took his word for it, because he's been playing TSons forever, but, now that I've looked through my Chaos codex, I can't find any mention of it.
Anyways, am I just missing something, or was I soundly bullsh*tted?

#3 ·
Man you got super <Deleted> on that one my fellow Tzeentch player you see I am starting a Thousand Son Army right after christmas and I have every Thousand Son rule memorized and there is nothing like that the only thing in Thousand Sons that can deep strike is Thousand Son Terminators the average trooper cannot DS which is why they always put them in rhinos, make sure he doesn't get off easy thats BS to get cheated out of a game like that, next time when someone claims a crazy rule like ask if they can see the rule in the codex so you won't get tricked in the future.

Mod Edit -
Just because you use stars to replace a single letter does not make it okay to use profanity. Watch your language, or else I start deleting your entire posts.

~Cal

#5 ·
Grim Psyker is right he was using The Chosen of Ahriman, the only thing that your opponent did wrong, was to not ask you if he could use them. However, from the sounds of it, you probably would have said yes.

-Centum

#6 ·
Ah, yeah, he mentioned the Chosen, which I had heard of, and knew about from WD. I just didn't know about this Key thing.

Anyways, thanks! I'll remember this next time.

#7 ·
Centum said:
Grim Psyker is right he was using The Chosen of Ahriman, the only thing that your opponent did wrong, was to not ask you if he could use them. However, from the sounds of it, you probably would have said yes.

-Centum
By fielding the Chosen, does that allow the entire army to move around as if Deep Striking?

From the sounds of it, that's what was happening, and though I don't claim to know their rules at all, that seems to be extremely unlikely...?

#8 ·
No, its something like that 1-3 chosen of Ahriman can be taken as a hq choice (please correct if i'm wrong). They have the ability known as 'the key' which lets them and which ever squad their with to deepstrike around the board, it works exactly like the space wolves 13th CO. rune priest power 'the gate' without a psyhic test.

#10 · (Edited)
I don't claim to know it presiecly, but I do have the WD with it in, I will edit this post later when I find it.

*edit*

THE KEY
The chosen and any followers and any CSM squad or terminators with the rubfic sign within 6" may be placed anywhere using deepstrike.

This unit require your opponent consent to use as they aren't official and only really work in special scenarios.

Mod Edit -
See below.

~Cal

#11 ·
The_Outsider said:
Mod Edit -
See below.

~Cal
While I realize you're trying to only be helpful, that was quite a bit more information than I'm comfortable having on this site. As such, I deleted out some of your post.

Just to end any confusion about this -

The Key works just like any other Chaos Major psychic power. Only the Chosen of Ahriman has access to the Key.

It allows the Chosen and one unit bearing the Rubric sign to teleport around the board, exactly like the Necron Veil of Darkness. Only one unit per CoA may be teleported per turn like this.

A pure Thousand Sons army may potentially field up to six of these guys.

You can find all of the rules in White Dwarf US #306. I'm not sure about the UK edition, I believe it's #305.

Keep in mind that if you happened to be playing in the "13th Crusade" campaign (I may have gotten the name wrong) then he did not need to ask for your permission. If you were playing a normal game (which was most likely), then he should have asked for your permission.

#13 ·
Ah. Yeah, his army consisted of 3 tooled-up squads-REALLY tooled-up squads. 2 Powerfists and Winds of Change per squad, with a Chosen with The Key in every squad.

Although he didn't ask about it, not that I would have told him he couldn't field it (I hate it when people only allow you to use the official Codex stuff, and it'd be a bit hypocritical not to extend the rule)

#15 ·
Only one unit per CoA may be teleported per turn like this.
-Caluin

That's only semi-true. With the use of Thralls you can teleport two squads per Chosen and turn. It's a very unwelcome surprise indeed. Makes it possible for the Sons to make quite some changes on the board, something that is very unusuall for them. Fun for me though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.