A New Legion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A New Legion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A New Legion

Right, I didn't really see any of the current legions as to my taste. So, I made a new one, with mark, GD, etc. The only problem is, I got carried away, and have only just realized that, quite frankly, it sucks carrot. Have a read, and give me some feedback.

It was meant to be themed around fire and speed and stuff. Enjoy.

Mark of Firech

Points: IC’s: 10 Vehicles (not Fast or Walker): 10 Others: 4
    Effects: Firech’s followers have all been initiated in the tortuous ritual known as the Purging. To a greater or lesser extent, they have all been touched by his lesser daemons, and mutated to host the power of the Flame. To represent this, all models or units with the Mark of Firech can take the ‘Firech’s Torch’ upgrade. In addition, Vehicles (other than Fast or Walkers) become Fast, but, if immobilised for more than two turns, explode; and models which move as mounted on a bike, as Cavalry, or as with jetpacks gain +D3 to their movement. The Mark also makes units and models Fearless.

Firech’s Torch:
    During the Purging ceremony, each marine is impregnated with a Ferlet, which devours the marine’s own soul and becomes more powerful while in his body. It mutates the body to include holes through which the daemon can funnel its power. These take the shape of seeping wounds, holes and funnels which occasionally gout flame. The experienced marines have learnt to temper this into a powerful weapon. As such, they can, in stead of firing a weapon in the shooting phase, use the Torch as a weapon in the following profile:

Template Str 4 AP 5 Assault 1, no cover save.

This power cannot be used while in close combat.

However, this daemon residing inside them is not likely to stick around once the marine is dead. To represent this, whenever a model with the Torch is removed as a casualty, roll a scatter dice, and, once the entire combat has been resolved, act as if the Torch had been fired by the removed casualty in the direction rolled.

Obviously, an Independent Character or Champion would have been blessed with a more powerful Ferlet: as such, their Torch uses the following profile.

Template Str 5 AP 4 Assault 1, no cover save.

If 3 wounds are taken from one unit in a single turn, add a Ferlet base to that unit (Ferlets use the same statline as Nurglings, and are subject to the Invulnerable, Vulnerable to blasts, Small target, Mischeivous, and Instability special rules) If the unit is locked in close combat, so are the Ferlets.

Notes: Chaos Space Marines given the Firech’s Torch upgrade are still in control of their body, as the daemons inside them are so weak that they need the Marine’s mind to stay alive in the material world. Therefore, they do not count as Possessed.

Firech:
    As he is not as powerful a Daemon as some others, the most powerful warrior he can send to the battlefield is himself. As such, Firech’s Greater Daemon equivalent is himself.

Pts: 160 WS: 6 BS: 3 S: 7 T: 6 W: 4 I: 6 A: 4 Ld: 10 Sv: -/4+

Firech has no Psychic Powers, but benefits from Daemonic Speed. He also is subject to all of the normal Greater Daemon rules.

Last edited by Tunisia; December 27th, 2005 at 17:03.
    *In My Mind*

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Tunisia,

You've got some really good ideas for your mechanics and also the fluff. A couple of things struck me wrong. For example, the cost to put your mark on a chaos marine is '4,' where as the cost for other marks in the chaos codex is 1,5, or 10. It's fair to say that '5' points is the typical cost for a chaos mark, which leads me to ask, why you choose '4' points for your mark.
    Secondly, unless you upgrade your mark to Firech's Torch, there's really no benefit to the mark. The mark of Slaanesh is similiar to your mark, in that there are further upgrades off it. However, the base mark of slaanesh still confers an inherent ability. Perhaps you should consider something along this line.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quirky.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunisia
    However, this daemon residing inside them is not likely to stick around once the marine is dead. To represent this, whenever a model with the Torch is removed as a casualty, roll a scatter dice, and, once the entire combat has been resolved, act as if the Torch had been fired by the removed casualty in the direction rolled.

If 3 wounds are taken from one unit in a single turn, add a Ferlet base to that unit (Ferlets use the same statline as Nurglings, and are subject to the Invulnerable, Vulnerable to blasts, Small target, Mischeivous, and Instability special rules) If the unit is locked in close combat, so are the Ferlets.
    I would say remove these two rules, though. It does seem to encourage suicidal charges, which is counter to even the ethos of Chaos Space Marines. Against horde armies it becomes particularly silly. For the first rule it might be best to say it inflicts a single S3 hit on the enemy unit for every CSM casualty - Keeps it in character without being particularly overpowered.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -39 (x0)

I dont really get the God of Fire and Speed, all the Chaos Gods have a power which interacts with human-life. Hate, death, pleasure and manipulation, fire and speed are'nt part of everday life.

Senior Member impending slaughter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Demonica
    I dont really get the God of Fire and Speed, all the Chaos Gods have a power which interacts with human-life. Hate, death, pleasure and manipulation, fire and speed are'nt part of everday life.
    Exactly. Chaos is emotion given form. Fire, speed, etc are not emotions. QED
    Last edited by impending slaughter; December 27th, 2005 at 19:42.

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

Way to kill the thread, its an idea y'all. How about god of adrenaline and anger, wait, hmmm, think it about, adrenaline = speed and anger = fire, whadda know that seems to work! Please be constructive people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Lictor.

As to the random flame dying thing: I did that so that the Torch wasn't too good: There's a reason that flamers are limited in units. I made the Mark 4 points so that the +2 pt for the torch would make it the equivalent of the flamer. The Fearless thing and the unlimited flamers are balanced by the flamey death thing.

Part of it was just that it would be really funny: have tanks and guys, and occasionally they just explode in random directions.
    *In My Mind*

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am wanting to make my own Legion, anyone have any advice ?
    How do I keep it to where I can still play in the legion in tournaments ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Tunisia
    Thanks Lictor.

As to the random flame dying thing: I did that so that the Torch wasn't too good: There's a reason that flamers are limited in units. I made the Mark 4 points so that the +2 pt for the torch would make it the equivalent of the flamer. The Fearless thing and the unlimited flamers are balanced by the flamey death thing.

Part of it was just that it would be really funny: have tanks and guys, and occasionally they just explode in random directions.
    Hmm I would make the mark cheaper and the upgrade more expensive. Here's why:
    Any model without the upgrade only benifits from the fearless aspect of the mark. Lowring the cost makes it practical to use for units that you don't want to assault with.
    10 flamers is worth far more than one to a sqaud, it can wipe out the average opponent in close shooting. I suggest raising the cost of the torch to 6 points, bringing it more closely in line with the price that a havoc squad has to pay for for a flamer.

Overall a fun idea, one of those things that I'd like to play against for fun, but I don't see it getting added to the codex. . .

+ Reply to Thread