Chaos/ Loyalist Differences - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos/ Loyalist Differences

I would like to build an armoured company (of sorts). HQ in termie armour in a Land Raider, troops and some elites in rhinos, maybe a few bikers to add manouevrability, and obliterators because they're cool, and, let's face it, they are pretty well armoured themselves.

The only problem is this: Cash Concerns. Tanks are expensive. eBay becomes my next port of call. But Loyalist tanks are a lot more common, not to mention cheaper, than Chaos.

What is the difference?

I know that Chaos tanks come with the spiky/vehicle sprue, but other than that, is there any differences between the basic models? Specifics would be helpdful, to the rhinos, LRs, Preds, and Dreadnaughts.

I'm going to get one rhino + crew for my birthday, so I will have a chaos spiky sprue (I don't intend to put too much on each tank).

*In My Mind*

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, rhinos and preds are exactly the same, just add a spiky sprue, and they're perfectly alike. The Land Raider, i think is the same, not completely sure. The Dreadnaughts are completely different though. Chaos has that funky looking CC wep that's like the triple jointed whip-claw things, and it's loaded with chaos simbols and stuff.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

The only difference is that chaos tanks get a sprue of chaos accessories instead of imperial acessories.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

I don't think such an army is particularly expensive. You'd have to buy at least 2 CSM boxes to fill up the points taken up by the land raider, and that's going to cost more than the raider itself.

+ Reply to Thread