Khorne Daemon Prince - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khorne Daemon Prince

I'm having quite a bit of trouble coming up with a Khorne Daemon Prince that I am confident in. Then when I come up with one I like, I realize I gave it the glaive, and someone with Land Speeders or other fast vehicles will take advantage of that and turn him into a giant frenzied puppet unless I can shoot them down with my 2 predators with the lacannon set-up. I just don't see that happening in time for my Daemon Prince to be as useful as I want him to be. This seems to be my best one so far, and hes quite a monster if he gets into combat, but that is the risk.

Daemon Prince - 185
    Mark of Khorne
    Berserker Glaive
    D. Resilience
    D. Stature
    D. Strength
    D. Mutation
    Feel No Pain
    Collar of Khorne
    Furious Charge
    Spiky Bits

I like him, but the glaive is always risky.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

I don't have my codex on me, it's at a friends house, but isn't Feel No Pain 10 points for independant characters? and the collar of khorne about 5? If so then he's got 105 points of daemonic gifts, so he's illegal.

However, if Im wrong, then I think thats a very hard daemon prince, but probably a bit slow. Maybe take out the mutation and put in speed? I know you don't get your blood rage, but you get Fleet of foot instead, which is the same thing, really, plus you get a 12" charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khorne!!!

I do believe u cannot give the demon prince any extra speed modifiers anymore because he has the berserker glaive thats according to V3 of the chaos codex and the 2005 version of Chapter Approved i think but i have the same set up just with out the collor of khorne and i tell you the easiest way to kill a demon prince is in combat that way he does not benifit from feel no pain due to power weapons, power fist ect. Or just shoot him with a S10 weapon and hope for a instant kill but just drop the collor of khorne and it will be leagal its is hard to kill and will easily earn its points back just as long as u keep those lil light vehicles of ur back but with twin preds its should be pretty easy.

good luck mate :w00t:

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

your DP is 200 points
    you have spent 105 on d gifts.
    from what ive read on the FAQ http://uk.games-workshop.com/chaosspacemarines/faq/
    there is nothing that states it may not be used in combination with a movement enhancement. if you want to get your DP in combat it needs wings or speed or something of the such. otherwise trudging towards the enemy will have him doing stuff like this, removing it with Landspeeders.
    he will not be killed with power weapons when he has with t6!:sleep: power fists perhaps.

drop mutation and collar for flight.
    DJ87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by danjones87
    from what ive read on the FAQ http://uk.games-workshop.com/chaosspacemarines/faq/
    there is nothing that states it may not be used in combination with a movement enhancement.
    It's not in the FAQ. It's in the entry for the Berserker Glaive on page 48 of the codex. No special movement modes allowed. So no flight, no Speed, no Steed. Gotta foot-slog it, relying on the extra D6" berserker movement every turn.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

It's not in the FAQ. It's in the entry for the Berserker Glaive on page 48 of the codex. No special movement modes allowed. So no flight, no Speed, no Steed. Gotta foot-slog it, relying on the extra D6" berserker movement every turn.
    doesnt say that in my book, and if they had changed the book the changes would be online to download.
    it does say cant join a unit take followers or ride a steed though.
    DJ87

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

As already mentioned drop mutation. This prince configuration should never take mutation, because you already have so many attacks. It's overkill, and you don't want to invest this many points in a model that can potentially become a puppet. Remember, one of the reasons people use a glaive is because it cheapens the overall cost of your lord.

Drop furious charge: A glaived prince is one of the most difficult models to take down. You should rarely worry about striking first, and you don't really need the strength increase. Again, keep this model cheap.

Drop spiky bits: For the same reasons as above. With so many attacks, you simply do not need it.

Concerning land speeders: If you opponent is playing with more than 2 landspeeders, then you're always going to have a problem. Landspeeders are very stout little pups. Also, you will be spending at least 3 rounds (probably 4) trying to take down landspeeders, even if your opponent only has 2. In this case, you've already lost the game, because you have invested somewhere around 140 points in each of your preds, as opposed to your opponent, who has invested something like 85 points in his landspeeders. Math-wise, he's winning the battle; not to mention that your prince is also a puppet to those landspeeders, which is another 180 some-odd points that your opponent is controlling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x1)

doesnt say that in my book, and if they had changed the book the changes would be online to download.
    it does say cant join a unit take followers or ride a steed though.
    DJ87
    Next to last sentence in the rules for the Glaive. To paraphrase: Must always sweeping advance when able, and cannot use any special movement modes.

It's poorly punctuated, but it's there. Since special movement modes do not effect sweeping advance in the first place, I must conclude it is reffering to special movement modes in general. I could be wrong, but that's how I read it. My codex is the Third Printing, for refference. So that may explain it, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemon Prince - 150
    Mark of Khorne
    Berserker Glaive
    D. Resilience
    D. Stature
    D. Strength
    Feel No Pain
    Collar of Khorne

better? seems to be strong enough while pretty cheap for one of my HQ's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

63 (x2)

he will not be killed with power weapons when he has with t6!:sleep: power fists perhaps.
    DJ87

I'd like to put a bet on that. My Howling Banshees have taken down a 215 pt. Daemon Prince and they have a lower strength than a SM. Yes it it VERY tough to take down a Khorne DP but it's not impossible.
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast