Nurgle's Rot question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nurgle's Rot question

Does Rot stack? For example, if my lord Lt and an AC are all w/in 6 inches of an enemy model at the end of my shooting phase, do I get 3 dice for that 1 enemy model?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

No - you only ever make one roll for any given model that might be affected by the Rot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    201 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    No - you only ever make one roll for any given model that might be affected by the Rot.
    Why ? I don't remember seing it in the chaos codex (althought i don't have it with me). Where does it come from ?

(sorry to question your sources caluin)
    MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

I think its something to do with the way its worded if i remember correctly. Is it not roll a D6 for a unit within 6 of a unit/figure with nurgle's rot? thus you wouldn't be able to stack because regardless of if your within 2 units or a unit and a Lord your still effected the same.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Nurgle's Rot (p. 51): "At the end of the Chaos Shooting phase, any model that is within 6" of at least one model with Nurgle's Rot may be affected by the misasma of disease and pestilence exuding from them. Roll of D6 for each affected model, and on a roll of a 6 it takes a wound..."

"At least," key wording here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by MindRaked
    (sorry to question your sources caluin)
    Contrary to popular belief, I don't mind being questioned, so long as it's done respectfully. I have been known to be wrong before, though you'll probably never hear me admit it again.

Boyd has the reason down - you check for all models at the end of the Chaos Shooting phase and any model with atleast one "Rotting" model within 6 inches has to take the test. Any number greater than one is still "atleast one," so by the definition you still only make the test once.

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Yeah. it's a damned shame, because otherwise 14 PlagueBearers would be absolutely lethal to horde armies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

Yes, but it's still staticticly as good as firing a lasgun (BS 3) at everything within 6" of a model with nurgles rot every turn. It's way worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

I think Nurgle's rot is a good way to get to 1,500 points if your army is around 1490... but I can seriously count on one hand the number of models I've lost to Nurgles Rot having played against death guard regularly for about a year now... (of course, I do play a low count, chaos army, so my armor saves come in handy and they don't get many nurgle rot attempts). Against a horde of orks or something, it'll probably be devastating.

+ Reply to Thread