The Chaos Space Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been collecting 40K for about a year now and have been most happy with my Black Templar space marine army but just recently i have noticed how neat the chaos space marines are but the rules are ar too complex can someone please give me an army list and explanation with HQ unit Troops and some of those neat guys that can turn into demons thanks a bunch <

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok for startes have you realised the other legions you can go? ie. black legion, Khorne, Slaanish, tzeenitch, nurgle then there are sub cults like alpha legion, night lords and my fav IRON WARRIORS&#33;. To make it easier black legion are the standered legion you can have pretty mutch everything&#33; a good all round army&#33; i recomend you go these guys. ok now once you have chosen a legion read a bit then you&#39;ll realise they have their own colour scheme, special rules etc. (black legion are pretty straight forward there benefits are the ability to have everything). now HQ&#39;s...im guessing what your talking about are the lord and lietenant? well what you do is take the base cost(60 for a lord and 45 for a lieutenant) they have no weapons or nothing so.... go to the armoury section of the codex and choose what you want to give him then just add the points on to the lord. when you read this post another message to tell me what you need help with coz u didnt really say what rules are complex. oh yeah and the greater daemons, they have to possess a body so you have to choose an aspiring champion in your army to be the daemon host(NOTE: you dont need to tell your opponent who the host is, just write it on a piece of paper as proof when he comes out) now how he comes out is...at the start of each turn starting from turn 2 you choose if the aspiring champ wants to invite or resist the daemon. if you choose to invite then the daemon will take over the body on a d6 roll of 4+ if you resist then roll a d6, on a roll of 6+ the daemon comes out. pretty easy. if your wondering why i go iron warriors over black legion well i liked there colour scheme. lol&#33; but i cant have any daemon&#39;s =( anyway read your codex for a bit then if you still having troubles the post here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for your reply i will purchase a chaos lord unfortunatly i only have a small model shop in our area so they dont do much in a way of Warhammer 40K and what i ment by their rules are complicating is that i have looked at there troop listing in my rule book and i dont know what set of troops to get oh and these aspiring champion fellows who turn into daemons do you buy the daemons they turn into seperatly oh and do HQ units work on their own or do they have to have anyone accompining them thanks for your help oh and how much is the chaos space marine codex and can i use any of my current space marines with the chaos space maerines? :a

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

*****?

Use punctuation, it makes things easy to read.
    "It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have a medium sized store but what you can do is ask them to order stuff in for you it takes around 5 working days so you dont need to wait long.

if your wondering what box to buy it still depends on what you want for troops(berzerkers are great combat and you get 12 of them, iron warriors have an aspiring champ, plasma gun, heavy bolter, lascannon, melta gun and about 5 bolters, normal CSM box has all combat guys and an aspiring champ oh yeah and a mutation sprue) thats the 3 main boxes so choose what you&#39;d like, expensive combat very good at it though, shooting, or cheap combat but still good.

yeah you do buy the daemons seperatly they called greater daemons and are under the HQ section. the other normal daemon&#39;s under troop section dont need to possess a body read pg 12 under daemon summoning.

HQ unit&#39;s dont need to be accompanied they can be indapendent but can have a retinue if they want (chosen)

i think my codex cost about 25-30 aus but i forget. ummm using space marines as chaos wouldnt be suitable for tournaments but i guess if it was just a battle with a friend and he was cool with it that&#39;d be fine.

Oh yeah and a message to the inquisitor. Dont be so grouchy&#33; Geez&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I looked at the back of a normal box of chaos space marines and it doesn&#39;t say anything about aspiring champions, and what does a mutation sprew do. These iron warrior fellows do they work with all chaos space marines?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

I strongly suggest you buy the Chaos Codex, all will become clear, it should be availble in any shop larger than about 12" by 6" that sells GW
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iron warrior box can be used by anyone just paint them black legion or whatever you want and dont use the iron warrior heads (use the other&#39;s supplied) and &#39;presto&#39; you got yourself some black legion. mutation sprue doesnt do anything its more ment for converting .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i need 2 say just 1 thing the chaos undivided armys r kind booring i got 1 and i started 2 colect the khorne army instead.

the sprews in the box r 4 making possesed marines thay r really cool and got a lot of power 2 give like 3+/5+ save^^ and str 5

btw i got raptors the model is really soft and i dont wanna sell it.
    so i think i can use the as possesed marines with the deamoic gift(dont remember the name^^) so thay can fly.
    and i think i shoul put on some sprews on them 2 look really 3vil^^

any 1 who can give some tips on mutaions units ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks ya&#39;all i will take your valuable info into account&#33; Merry Christmas (Well Nearly)

Closed Thread