Most expensive model - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

Most expensive model

What is the most expensive model, point wise, in your army that isn't an independent character or vehicle?

Earlier I was just messing around and created a 5 man chosen retinue for my DP. I gave them:-

Mark of Khorne
    Daemonic Strength
    Daemonic Resilience
    Daemonic Speed
    Daemonic Aura
    Daemonic Armour
    Banner of Rage
    x1 Melta Bomb
    x1 Lightning Claws
    x4 Power Weapons

All aspiring champions

Basic cost with no weapons came to 80. With weapons and banner of rage added it totals to exactly 500 points. So in theory 100 points a model. The squads aim "in theory" is to follow the daemon prince around the table at high pace, killing whatever they come across. In total, DP with this retinue comes to 700 points for 6 models.

My Arena Champions: Kharn'eth The Bloodcleaver and Gorzag Iron Jaw

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

I can just see the local eldar player collapsing with laughter the first time a starcannon gets pointed at this squad.

Seriously, I'm not a big fan of uber-expensive squads. They don't tend to make their points back, and they're fragile as hell considering how much you've invested in them. This squad is just going to draw every plasma gun, lascannon, railgun, starcannon, bright lance and power weapon on the board, because even if your opponent loses one squad for every 2 models he kills, he's still earning mega points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis
    I can just see the local eldar player collapsing with laughter the first time a starcannon gets pointed at this squad.

Seriously, I'm not a big fan of uber-expensive squads. They don't tend to make their points back, and they're fragile as hell considering how much you've invested in them. This squad is just going to draw every plasma gun, lascannon, railgun, starcannon, bright lance and power weapon on the board, because even if your opponent loses one squad for every 2 models he kills, he's still earning mega points.
    Very true, try not to give in to chaos that much, because I could wipe that squad off to the board before they got to me, and I play Khorne so only major firepower is in tanks. But when taking out 700 points in 3 turns, I wouldn't hesitate to turn 6 lascanons, 2 of them twin linked, a battelcannon, reaper autocannon, and havoc launcher on that squad.

That said, the most expensive squad per model I play is this.

5 chosen terminators - 265
    5 chainfists
    5 Marks of Khorne
    1 champion upgrade
    1 Talisman of Burning Blood
    1 Collar of Khorne

Still, same points as a land raider crusader, and they would wipe one out easily.
    Last edited by Mutuus; January 7th, 2006 at 20:39.
    One of the biggest mistakes a 40K player can make is taking someone elses army to battle. Remember its your army, play it how you play it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    282 (x5)

Starcannon Starcannon.
    (I play Eldar)

Any way sure its fun just to toy with it, but its probably a bad Idée... Its cool any way 6 models 700 point, that’s a cheep army, in money any way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

I don't actually plan on using this for any serious games, just against my friends. I wouldn't be stupid enough to use it where it really matters. My friends tend to use big, expensive units so I just thought i'd even it out a bit.

My Arena Champions: Kharn'eth The Bloodcleaver and Gorzag Iron Jaw

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

RobtheGuru, if you are to field such an expensive bunch of Champions you should get them "feel no pain" for the last few points that remains to the limit. I agree it's a waste of points in a "serious" game, but when one plays for fun there is no need to think of the game from that angle. Just have fun.

I would never be able to field my possessed if they were to be worth their points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

To apologise for being a bit unhelpful.. here's my most expensive unit.

6 Terminators, 1 free aspiring champion - 339 points
    Mark of Slannesh
    1 Chainfist
    1 Blastmaster
    Free aspiring champion with 1 Lightning Claw
    Rapturous Standard

Even then, using them can be a bit nail biting.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; January 8th, 2006 at 17:42.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My (planned) most expensive unit would be my biker HQ.

Lord w/ Bike, DMut, DStr, Darkblade, MoU, Infiltrate.

4 CAC w/ Bike, DTalons, DMut, Spiky Bits, MoU, Infiltrate each.

480 points.

Wounce.

(These are mainly a modeling exercise, and I would only play with them for fun)
    *In My Mind*

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

+ Reply to Thread