quick question about lord/daemon prince... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quick question about lord/daemon prince...

hey, if a lord has over 50 points of daemonic gifts the codex says he can claim to be a daemon prince. does this mean he can chooses also to be a normal lord, if not then this is a stupid rule cos it wud be almost impossible to make a decent lord holding a daemon weapon.
    i am not too fond of daemon princes and think lords are cooler.

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

You can model it any way you want, it is just suggested to model it as a Daemon Prince.

However, ruleswise, I do believe that the lord with over 50 points of Daemonic abilities counts as a Daemon for things that will hurt him, like from the Daemonhunters armoury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well thats not what i wanted to hear. just because he may be holding a 30 point daemon weapon dosent make him any more daemonic does it?
    thanks anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Retard
    well thats not what i wanted to hear. just because he may be holding a 30 point daemon weapon dosent make him any more daemonic does it?
    thanks anyway
    I'll offer you some good advice... don't think of the GW games too logically. Generally, it's a very illogical game, and thinking logically will only confuse you. Go by what the rules say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Retard
    thanks anyway

Consider that the Lord or Prince holding the weapon is simply the vessel in which the daemon bound within the weapon will make his appearance. So, your Lord is really just an extension of the weapon, not the other way around. So esentially when your lord picks up the weapon, he sacrfiices himself to greater power, and gives control to that daemon, so yes it does make him more daemonic.
    One of the biggest mistakes a 40K player can make is taking someone elses army to battle. Remember its your army, play it how you play it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It may not fit your theme, but the following is worth looking at for your lord.

Terminator armor costs 25 points and gives you the tehcnological equivlant of 50 points of demonic abilities (demonic mutation, demonic armour, and demonic aura). It also counts as wargear, and not towards your total points for demon prince status.
    fRESH lives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shoottokill
    It may not fit your theme, but the following is worth looking at for your lord.

Terminator armor costs 25 points and gives you the tehcnological equivlant of 50 points of demonic abilities (demonic mutation, demonic armour, and demonic aura). It also counts as wargear, and not towards your total points for demon prince status.

But it also limits having stature, how can you pass up stature?
    One of the biggest mistakes a 40K player can make is taking someone elses army to battle. Remember its your army, play it how you play it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutuus
    But it also limits having stature, how can you pass up stature?
    I always pass up Stature.. I'd rather have that IC status going for me than having a T6 (max) Lord running around, able to get shot at anything and everything..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gues so, as long as you don't play Khonre, then you can pass up stature, but all my Lord's have stature because they are all servants of Khorne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by shoottokill
    Yeah, thats true. My biggest problem with terminator armor is that I cannot take Daemonic Speed. And daemonic speed is the best thing since sliced bread.

Arizzar
    If the radiance of a thousand suns
    Were to burst at once into the sky,
    That would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
    I am become Death,
    The shatterer of Worlds.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast