Nurgle Daemon Bomb? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nurgle Daemon Bomb?

hi guys, when ever i hear about the daemon bomb craz its always slaanesh and khornate daemons (and i dont blame them), but i say would a nurle one work, if you guys have nay ideas just post away. (i do like the idea of tons of toughness 5 wraithlord killers coming out of the warp:w00t: )

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

I think it would rock. Plaugebearers are seriously hard daemons. they'll kick in larger things, and Nurgle's rot will kill waves of horde opponents.

And most importantly; smelly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

the reason there's no talk about a nurgle deamon bomb is that nurgle lacks fast units like bikers who are used for this tactic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Two reaons as to why you hear about Slaanesh and Khorne daemon bombs and not the others -

1) Only Khorne and Slaanesh have access to bikers. Bikers are the most common way to drop off daemons by turbo-boosting the first round and summoning the second. You can get around this problem by using undivided bikers, but then you forfeit the bonus to summoning rolls granted by playing a cult army.

2) Plaguebearers are subpar when compared to Daemonettes and Bloodletters. Nurgle's Rot is nice, but will only kill one out of six models a round no matter how many Rots you stack. Certainly nothing to count upon.

Flamers are only really useful when going up against horde armies. Anything with a 3+ or 2+ armour save will laugh at them.

While the Nurgle daemon bomb can work, it'd never be as effecient as using Daemonettes or Bloodletters.

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

While the Nurgle daemon bomb can work, it'd never be as effecient as using Daemonettes or Bloodletters.
    Very true, but at the same time, grots will never be as effective as Orks, but it's still fun to charge them forward to see how many die.

I'm the all-singing all-dancing crap of this world. I'm the toxic waste by-product of Gods creation.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x3)

Well the whole tactic of daemon bombing involves speeding forward with fast units and summoning daemons faster and/or in unexpacted places (i.e. the opponents deployment zone). This tactic is perfectly plausible with nurgle. To make it work I'd use either infiltrating squads or possessed with wings for the speed factor.
    "My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system....
    I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you"
    -Charles Manson

Fluff Masters Clan Leader
    Super Villians
    Order of the Shadowy Flame
    Votewar! Check It Out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    201 (x4)

Or use 5 chosens AC with d. speed (cost a lot, but more nurglesque as they are still on foots.
    MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While it isn't worth it to lose your chosen unit in favor of bikers, it may be if you have no intention of using chosen. Your nurgle, so you lose the +1 toughness, but you still get +1 attack and the ability to super boost, so you could put together a small unit of chosen mounted on bikes. I don't see the tactic being worthwhile, but it may depending on how you tool them up.
    One of the biggest mistakes a 40K player can make is taking someone elses army to battle. Remember its your army, play it how you play it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

Inflitrating would work pretty good, I think.

Plaguebearers are pretty nice in supplementing your regular troops. I think even with a Nurgle Daemon bomb, you'd still have to rely on your regular marines to carry the day.

It's an interesting idea, and one probably worth trying...

Remember, don't try to make a daemon bomb using Nurglings...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nurglings in a catapult... FIRE!
    fRESH lives

+ Reply to Thread