Khornate Chosen on Juggernaughts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khornate Chosen on Juggernaughts

I was wondering if it was possible to take a squad of Khornate Chosen on Juggernaughts despite the fact that this would give them two wounds each. Does anyone know if it's possible?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

You could, but you'd have to upgrade them all to AC's so they can choose the juggernaught from the armory.
    By day he fought with sword and shield.....
    By night he fought with pen and parchment.....
    He was....The Warrior Poet.......

Fear the ANZAC Clan!!!!!

ORDER OF THE SHADOWY FLAME!!!

Do you have uber micro...????

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Don't see why not.

It's in fact a very hard idea....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew that it was just that the rider counts as having Daemonic essence which, if I'm not mistaken is IC's only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I don't think that matters. When it says 'the model counts as having deamonic essence' its just a fancy way of saying 'the model gains +1 wound'.
    By day he fought with sword and shield.....
    By night he fought with pen and parchment.....
    He was....The Warrior Poet.......

Fear the ANZAC Clan!!!!!

ORDER OF THE SHADOWY FLAME!!!

Do you have uber micro...????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

It is a perfectly legal option. And in fact it is the only way to give an aspiring champion more than one wound. It is bound to be a very expensive group that will attract a lot of incoming fire, but just think about the sheer coolnes of it.

And the models are great.

Arizzar
    If the radiance of a thousand suns
    Were to burst at once into the sky,
    That would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
    I am become Death,
    The shatterer of Worlds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

I'd disagree with the legality of this. Juggernauts confer daemonic gifts for a lower price than normal - one of these gifts is daemonic essence. Next to the daemonic essence entry, there is no points value for aspiring champions, meaning that aspiring champions cannot take it. A juggernaut is a package, and cannot be split up, so therefore if it confers daemonic essence and a model cannot be given daemonic essence, it cannot be given the juggernaut.

LoC
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't seen any passages in either book that states that aspiring champs can't have juggernaughts. The book doesn't say that only characters can have juggernauts - there is simply no way to gain the effects of DE unless you are a lord or purchase a juggernaut.

A person could also have a Lord with both DE and a Juggernaut.

Also, should it be placed on an aspiring champ, the price for the combined benefits (substituting teh lord cost for DE suince there is no AP cost) isn't lower, although the model does get to have a steed as a bonus.

Like it or not, it's legal.
    fRESH lives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofchange
    I'd disagree with the legality of this. Juggernauts confer daemonic gifts for a lower price than normal - one of these gifts is daemonic essence. Next to the daemonic essence entry, there is no points value for aspiring champions, meaning that aspiring champions cannot take it. A juggernaut is a package, and cannot be split up, so therefore if it confers daemonic essence and a model cannot be given daemonic essence, it cannot be given the juggernaut.
    Very interesting point of view.

However, I think the lack of a points cost does not mean that a Champion can not have the gift, merely that he can not buy it in that fashion. For example, look at Skilled Riders. Lords are listed as a "-", but they are allowed to have the skill through other means.

Quote Originally Posted by shoottokill
    A person could also have a Lord with both DE and a Juggernaut.
    Untrue. No model is allowed to double up on Daemonic Gifts, and because he "counts as" having Daemonic Essense through the Juggernaught he may not take it again.

If I were to ever play a World Eaters army, I would seriously consider putting Juggers on my Champs. Most people give Daemonic Mutation and Daemonic Strength to them anyways, and the +1 wound offers a measure of safety against Hail of Fire checks and those occassional assassination attempts. It also makes them look hella cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

Anyone remember the WD battle report like a year or so ago that had Khorne Champs on juggernauts?

I personally believe that the champs can take a juggernaut, based heavily upon the fact that numerous people obviously do, and they have been used in tournament lists, and yet GW has never objected. This is very similar to the Mot/Vet skills debate a few days ago. You can argue that they can't get it, but if there's no absolute edvidence otherwise, and the tactic is widely used, then you have to let it go until its FAQ'd.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast