Mounted 'nettes.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mounted 'nettes....

They are one of my top favourite models, but they seem overpriced to me compared to normal 'nettes. Is this a fair analysis? I think that too many points go into the speed, when you usually just drop your 'nettes in the enemy lines anyways, so they can attack many squads without a great need for more than 6" move 6" assault?

Does anyone use these?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

My roomie plans on using some when he gets to slaanesh. The extra attack is nice with rending but yes they are a tad points heavy with the whole summoning thing.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Most armies won't need them, but they work well with mine. I currently have 1 infiltrating CC squad, and a Daemon Prince with Daemonic Speed in a 1000 point army. The Mounted girls are in there as well. They work superbly with the Prince. They both move as cavalry, and it doesn't matter if I have to summon them from my shooting lines to get them in as counter-assault, since thier speed gets them where they need to be. And the combination of Rending attacks and initiative penalty to the enemy is a great complemet to the Prince's melee power.

But, yes, for most armies, you're better off with normal girls. For a more static army, or as a support for a speed-boosted character, they serve rather well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Yes, they are expensive. But what really rings my bell is their extra speed. They can potentially hit stuff nearly 30" from the icon bearer, and even with a bad scatter you are fairly certain they will get into cc the round they turn up.

The extra attack sure doesn't hurt, but moving like cavalry is the big bonus. If you never have problems with a bad scatter leaving your daemonettes high and dry in rapid fire range, then the mounted ones are not worth it.

But the models are really good.

Arizzar
    If the radiance of a thousand suns
    Were to burst at once into the sky,
    That would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
    I am become Death,
    The shatterer of Worlds.

+ Reply to Thread