IWs assistance required - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

IWs assistance required

Heres my 1000 points list, its not in need of changing, im looking on adding units to maek it, eventually 2500. i want to add a unit of possesed, a DPrince, and either a additonal defiler or bassilisk. I could do with more troop slots too.

HQ
    Leiutenant 110
    MOCU, Kai gun, Power weapon, Daemonic strength, Daemonic visage, Bionics

Elites
    2X oblitorators 140

Troops
    5 marines w/ Lascannon 90
    5 marines w/ Lascannon 90
    8 marines w/ 2 plasma 140
    7 marines w/ 2 plasma 125

Heavy Support
    Defiler 150
    Vindicator with mutated hull 155

Total: 1000

THanks for your imput DJ

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

what about obies? and instead of possesed as a cc squad why not use a squad of raptors, you can give them melta guns and pick off what your other dudes can't shoot. I'd say maybe take another defiler, if you like them, I personally dont and although I have heard good things(bad when inflicted on me) about the earthshaker, the AV isn't inviting.As well as that with a defiler you can at least put up some defence against deepstrikers with Flamers.As well as that if you want some more infantry maybe use havocs with 4 autocannons?

Just my 50cents
    Hope this helps
    Cheers
    Last edited by Dodge; January 17th, 2006 at 13:27.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

If your going for 2500pts, why not have both another Defiler and a Bassie

As for the units you have, they look good. I would give the plasma-squads infiltrate though.
    The Possessed would look awsome with Pit slave-weapons from Necromunda. If you go fot Talons that is...

Be back later.

The Defiler could do well with ind. fire by the way.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Like Andusciassus said, your plasma troop squads should have infiltrate. If you downgrade your h.q. to simply the kai gun, and your reduce your third troop slot to a 7 man squad, then you have 54 points to spare. With these points you can infiltrate both plasma troop squads. You could also choose to upgrade them and give them power fists, though, you are a little short on points for this kind of change.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Just to clear things up, this army above is fine. It is currently majorliy killing everyone it plays. Im looking to add units or upgrade units to make it 2500.

what about obies? and instead of possesed as a cc squad why not use a squad of raptors, you can give them melta guns and pick off what your other dudes can't shoot. I'd say maybe take another defiler, if you like them, I personally dont and although I have heard good things(bad when inflicted on me) about the earthshaker, the AV isn't inviting.As well as that with a defiler you can at least put up some defence against deepstrikers with Flamers.As well as that if you want some more infantry maybe use havocs with 4 autocannons?
    well a trio of melta guys sounds VERY tempting! leaping into the either most expensive sqauds or onto hidden tanks. i like the idea of possesed (i was going to do the pit slave idea). and i can still have six oblits! i think if i do get more i wont total over 4 in two groups.
    Might go with an additonal defiler and a havoc squad. i might go with autocannons or perhaps heavy bolters, i have IMO plenty of anti tank. Or do you guys think otherwise?

your going for 2500pts, why not have both another Defiler and a Bassie
    ARGH! defiler Bassie or havocs!

As for the units you have, they look good. I would give the plasma-squads infiltrate though.
    The Possessed would look awsome with Pit slave-weapons from Necromunda. If you go fot Talons that is...
    Ive got a 7 man CCW Melta squad on my desk! totally forgot about that!

Like Andusciassus said, your plasma troop squads should have infiltrate. If you downgrade your h.q. to simply the kai gun, and your reduce your third troop slot to a 7 man squad, then you have 54 points to spare. With these points you can infiltrate both plasma troop squads. You could also choose to upgrade them and give them power fists, though, you are a little short on points for this kind of change.
    im guessing you didnt read the first paragraph. i wont have a go about it though.

THanks to all DJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

201 (x4)

Be original, Buy a dreadnought an Full-Equip it. Plasma cannon, Missile launcher, Havoc launcher, Daemonic Possession, Mutated hull, It will be able to deal with anything and on fire frendy, it's hell. The idea is that no IW players use the dread, so be different !
    MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by danjones87

im guessing you didnt read the first paragraph. i wont have a go about it though.
    Perhaps you should have a go about it. Honestly, you are not very effecient with your points. Furthermore, there is always room for improvement, and, like you may have realized in other threads, often comments are given and well accepted when they pertain to issues relating (thought not directly) to the question raised.

As regards to your army: A 7 man melta-gun squad is not a bad idea, especially if you infiltrate them and have an a.c. w/ a power fist. Real generic, but it takes your opponent's focus away from other aspects of your army, and provides both good a good c.c. unit and a means for popping off tanks. Of course, this type of squad is not as effective against landspeeders and bugs, but against marines, eldar, and necron, it should serve you quite well.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1329 (x8)

Perhaps you should have a go about it. Honestly, you are not very effecient with your points. Furthermore, there is always room for improvement, and, like you may have realized in other threads, often comments are given and well accepted when they pertain to issues relating (thought not directly) to the question raised
    All true but im using this list in a tournemt at the mo, its really working against every army i play. So i dont want to change it. But thanks for the comments, and sorry for being mardy.

As regards to your army: A 7 man melta-gun squad is not a bad idea, especially if you infiltrate them and have an a.c. w/ a power fist. Real generic, but it takes your opponent's focus away from other aspects of your army, and provides both good a good c.c. unit and a means for popping off tanks. Of course, this type of squad is not as effective against landspeeders and bugs, but against marines, eldar, and necron, it should serve you quite well.
    The Leader has a P/Fist! Leaping in there with the meltas will take the focus of my marines, as you said, noone can ignore this anti tank squad.

Be original, Buy a dreadnought an Full-Equip it. Plasma cannon, Missile launcher, Havoc launcher, Daemonic Possession, Mutated hull, It will be able to deal with anything and on fire frendy, it's hell. The idea is that no IW players use the dread, so be different !
    Wait i can fire all three main weapons! OMG! Mind raked, you may have just won! Hmmm Actually that cost 200points!:cry: Ill write it down and see later

SO choices filled

Troops. Melta Squad Infiltrating avec P/fist
    Heavy. Doom Dread

So do you guys think i should stick with the possesed? or go with raptors? or both? Ive been thinking, i could have a possesed squad and a CCW squad and mount them in rhinos. What you think?

What are the rules on moving on to the next force organsation chart? Im struggling with Troop slots.

THanks DJ

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

So do you guys think i should stick with the possesed? or go with raptors? or both? Ive been thinking, i could have a possesed squad and a CCW squad and mount them in rhinos. What you think?

What are the rules on moving on to the next force organsation chart? Im struggling with Troop slots.

Both possessed and raptors tend to be magnets for ranged fire. Personally, I prefer possessed, because they can be protected by a rhino and can usually deal out more c.c. hate with talons or mutation.

Once you meet the bare requirements (i.e., 1 h.q. & 2 troop choices), you're then free to choose anything you want, provided you have no more than the maximum number outlined on the diagram on page 23 of the codex.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1329 (x8)

Once you meet the bare requirements (i.e., 1 h.q. & 2 troop choices), you're then free to choose anything you want, provided you have no more than the maximum number outlined on the diagram on page 23 of the codex.
    no i mean im near enough going to fill this one, so what do i do to get a second, or cant i.

DJ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast