Can you live without it ? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    201 (x4)

Can you live without it ?

Hi everybody !

This weekend, while building a Night Lord army list, I understood something about myself : I can hardly avoid the use of Mark of Chaos. So here is the subject of this thread :

Knowing that the mark of chaos undivided exist and that it doesn't cost much to equip and knowing the benefits of being able to reroll a failled LD test, can you build and play with an army list that doesn't use them without having any kind of remorses or regrets :unsure: ? (Excluding Dedicated legions)

If my question is not clear enough, can you build a Night Lord / Word Bearer / Iron Warrior / Black Legion / Alpha Legion without using the MoCU and feel right about what you've done ^_^ ?

So what are your thoughts ?

MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

I'd say so. Providing you give the squads aspiring champions they have little chance of failing tests anyway. All you need to do then is add some heavy support units, a lord/daemon prince, some possessed would go down well, too. Maybe some bikes?

I'll think up an army list and post it later...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

I can do it for a few units, but never my entire army. Especially when it comes to my HQ choices - they always have the MoCU at the very least.

In a Havoc squad, I can probably get away with it. There are veteran skills that I like to have before the MoCU, so I don't mind losing it. But in my line troops, especially ones that will see Close Combat, I have a very hard time leaving off the MoCU. It's better than being fearless, IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How is it better than being fearless? If you mean cheaper, that I can understand.

Sabre
    Comfirmed Disciple of Chaos

Rogue Angel: "Meet da Chaos Lord"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrewulf
    How is it better than being fearless? If you mean cheaper, that I can understand.

Sabre
    Well, they wouldn't be subject to the no retreat rule, so it can help out there. And yes being cheaper never hurts either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andusciassus
    there is a difference in a well educated kick and an amateur one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never used the MoCU - furious charge and infilitrate seem to work out more to my style.
    fRESH lives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NO WAY! If they don't ahave a God mark, then you have got to give them MOCU. Reroll tests for a point, that makes them practically fearless. As far as I am concerned, Chaos Marines cost 15 points. It's mandatory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    201 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by shoottokill
    I've never used the MoCU - furious charge and infilitrate seem to work out more to my style.
    Loosing a CSM must hurt you more than me. 20 points each, unless you use alpha legion.
    MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrewulf

Sabre
    The nice thing about re-rolls is you get to choose to use them. Fearless models always fight to the death because fearless means stupid in the 40k universe. There are times when I have wanted to break away from combat and allowing a failed LD test would provide that capability. If your models are fearless you don't have this choice.
    I do not criticize. I do not offend. All I offer is my opinion which means only as much as you make it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wouldnt leave home without it but thats more because of demon summoning than anything else......
    Everyone makes mistakes. mine was to leave her head in the fridge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast