Death Guard 2000pt. -HQ- - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death Guard 2000pt. -HQ-

Ok this is my idea for a HQ in a 2000pt. game.

Lt. - 120
    Manreaper
    Terminator Armour
    Mark of Nurgle
    Dem. Str.
    Nurgles Rot

Retinue - 286
    Chosen Terminator Champ w/ PF, Mark of Nurgle
    5 x Chosen Termies w/ 2xPowerFists, 3xLightningClaws, 2xCombi-Melta

All together its a 7 model crew for 406 points.

My idea would be Deepstrike behind a vehicle and possibly take it out. If i place them strategically enough behind a tank it will act as blocker.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Dancing Peanuts? You bet! Robizzle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x4)

Personally I wouldn't want such a hard unit to deepstrike and possible destroy itself. Either get a fast lord/possessed with daemonic flight and a teleport homer, and jump him around until the arrive, or you could simply put them in a Rhino....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x3)

They're termies...they'd need a raider. Maybe just get a reliable unit a teleport homer and try it that way.
    Peace
    Nevermore Chapter: 6200 pts; 97/49/11; Longest Streak: 9 Wins/4 Losses; Nearing Completion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so i could get a tele homer but besdies that what else do you guys think.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I'm not to great a fan of the terminator Combi-melta, since it's a one-shot-only kind of weapon. I prefer the reaper for firesupport and the chainfist is my best friend when I go tankhunting. I see no reason to chose the Powerfist when the chain-version is so "little more" (?) expensive.
    If you give them tankhunters that Reaper becomes a nightmare.

I would also use a teleporter homer to get them in a safe position. It seems many Deathguard armies have infiltrating units, so why not give them some homers?

EDIT: The combimelta also do not benefit from rerolls (when used as a bolter), which makes it a little less deadly and you'd have to roll these dices separaterly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isnt really a Tank Hunters Squad. I want this squad to take out there CC and troops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Akaline
    This isnt really a Tank Hunters Squad. I want this squad to take out there CC and troops.
    Then why bother with the Combi-meltas in the first place then? Too expensive for what they provide to you. Just stick to the common Combi-bolters and leave it at that.

As Andusciassus said, upgrade the Powerfists to Chainfists. There is little reason to not, consider the difference in prices. You'll thank us when that unit comes up against a Dread, or needs to assault a Landraider.

It also looks like you're paying for that Champion upgrade - can I ask why? Because you have the favoured number in the unit, you recieve the Champion upgrade for free - but I see no special gifts or equipment on him that makes him worth paying for?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not paying for the A. Champ i just think the extra attack on him is worth the free upgrade especially with a PF or ChainFist...

what equip do you recomend for him.

and does true grit work with combi bolters?

and while im at it.

do you think it would be a good idea just to upgrade my Terminator Champ to a Sorcerer for 5points then that would give him an extra wound and id equip him with gift of chaos...
    Last edited by Caluin; January 24th, 2006 at 06:37.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

708 (x8)

what equip do you recomend for him.
    Chainfist and combi-bolter. If you want close combat power over ranged, then an extra CCW instead of the combi-bolter.

and does true grit work with combi bolters?
    No. A combi-bolter is not a Bolter.

do you think it would be a good idea just to upgrade my Terminator Champ to a Sorcerer for 5points then that would give him an extra wound and id equip him with gift of chaos...
    Sorcerer upgrade doesn't give the model an extra wound.

+ Reply to Thread