What is the best legion? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which Legion?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black legion

3 30.00%
  • Death Guard

0 0%
  • Thousand Sons

2 20.00%
  • World Eaters

1 10.00%
  • Emperors Children

0 0%
  • Night Lords

2 20.00%
  • Iron Warriors

1 10.00%
  • Word Bearers

0 0%
  • Alpha Legion

1 10.00%
Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the best legion?

After the heresy failed the legions fled to the eye of terror. But which is the best? Opinions please. It can be about their models, fluff, rules, playing style e.t.c

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say Night Lords. They are tactically very interesting, because Fast Attack choices can be very flexible.
    Please read the rules regarding what is permissable in signatures

^Left there as my self-inflicted punishment.
    LO is the first forum I joined and it introduced me to the world of internet forums. Thanks, guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the vote. Im a khornate fellow

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Hmm...not sure if this poll can be answered that simply. On the one hand, both the W.E. and the N.L. have serious handicaps against certain bug builds, but on the other, they are very effective -vs- other armies. You see, here's the problem with the poll: Particular armies dominate in a given scenario (W.E. in c.c., for example), but are horrible at others (W.E. against genestealers). And to further complicate the matter, armies, such as D.G. are not particularily dominating at any one aspect of the game, but instead, are well-round.

Hmm...still a little unsure how to vote. I'm giving my vote to B.L., because they are the most versatile army in chaos and can borrow from everyone else (this vote, coming from a D.G. player).

Just beyond the veil of reality (the darkness comes!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World Eaters all the way!
    "And any man who comes through this fight mostly unharmed will be my sister! It'll be free frocks and jollies for ever, you'll see!"
    - Rome: Total War

my armies
    9th Black Watch (Imperial Guard) 4000 points
    Red Corsairs of Khorne 2000 points
    Space Wolves 13th Company 2000 points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

I will also vote BL because of their list of choises.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

You should add a caveat that people shouldn't vote for the legions they play, otherwise this thread is a popularity contest..

It's a very close run for me between the Emperor's Children (who I play) and the Thousand Sons.

I picked the thousand sons because, while I don't like their models, they have some fantastic fluff, and their rules, while not the best in the game, are some of the most unique and interesting in the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

There is no "best" Legion. There are the ones that a person might like, and there are ones that a person might not like. For instance - while Ubernyaw loves World Eaters, I can't stand them. Does that make them better or worse? It's all opinion, and can't be summed up with a simple radial button on a web-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis
    You should add a caveat that people shouldn't vote for the legions they play, otherwise this thread is a popularity contest..
    And there's problem number 2 - most people are going to simply vote for the Legion they play, because obviously they're playing the "best" Legion, right?

The next problem is that threads like this quickly develop into pointless spamming and flaming. For instance, if I were to say "Thousand Sons are the best" then at some point someone will have to correct me and explain why Thousand Sons suck, and their Legion is better.

All of those reasons is why "What is the best Legion/Chapter/Army" threads are closed on sight.

Closed Thread