Grey Knight Terminator Model - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

Grey Knight Terminator Model

I want to model one of my Terminators or maybe even my Lord by using a Grey Knight. I'll try to make it look as Chaos-like as possible, spikes on the armour etc. The only problem is the fluff behind it. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could do it? If it helps, I have Khorne army.

I was thinking something along the lines of he was part of a Grey Knight squad that was sent to cleanse a planet of Daemons, something went wrong and he was the last Grey Knight left. He managed to survive a while fighting off the daemon onslaught before succumbing to the lure of Khorne.

As you can probably tell, 1, i cant write fluff, 2, this idea is probably illegal in everyway. but i just love the Grey Knight Terminator models lol. So any help would be greatly appreciated

My Arena Champions: Kharn'eth The Bloodcleaver and Gorzag Iron Jaw

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by RobtheGuru
    I want to model one of my Terminators or maybe even my Lord by using a Grey Knight. I'll try to make it look as Chaos-like as possible, spikes on the armour etc. The only problem is the fluff behind it. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could do it? If it helps, I have Khorne army.

I was thinking something along the lines of he was part of a Grey Knight squad that was sent to cleanse a planet of Daemons, something went wrong and he was the last Grey Knight left. He managed to survive a while fighting off the daemon onslaught before succumbing to the lure of Khorne.

As you can probably tell, 1, i cant write fluff, 2, this idea is probably illegal in everyway. but i just love the Grey Knight Terminator models lol. So any help would be greatly appreciated
    It would be legal, and it sounds cool. I really like the grey knight models, too. Just make sure he looks badass enough to be chaos!
    Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Actually Lincoln, the idea of a grey knight sucumbingto chaos an area of fluff that cannot happen. The knights are trained in such a way that their faith is flawless and they will never fall to the lure of chaos.

Now do you really need a reason as to why a chaos marine is wearing highly decorated terminator armour? These guys have had 10,000 years to do whatever they want to what they wear on top of the 200 years during the great crusade. You don't need any better reason than that other than it looks cool and stands out...

(I take grey knights and convert them into iron warriors. Nothing shouts heresy like the imperiums elite elite being used as the basis for their greatest shame.)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Indeed, unfortunately the one force that doesn't fall to Chaos is the Grey Knights.

I think there is a quote in the DH Codex says something like "There is no record of any Grey Knight ever failing the Emperor in either word or deed". GK just don't do Chaos.

So fluff-wise claiming he is a Grey Knight is out. Using the model? That's fine.

A bit of tinkering, a spike here, a skull there, the odd Chaotic Rune and voila. I'd consider removing the Force Halberd though, it is instantly recognisable to pretty much everyone. It's the difference between:

"Wow cool conversion, how did you make your Chaos Lord?"

and

"I see you made a Grey Knight into your Lord"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x3)

Ok, thanks for the response and helpful ideas. After buying a Grey Knight Terminator i think i'll probably put the halberd onto one of my Chosen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

I used a Grey Knight Terminator with Psycannon as the base for my Iron Warriors Lord. The conversion was really simple-the addition of a Chaos muzzle to the gun and Defilier heads on the shoulderpads to make him more demonic and cover up the Inquisition stuff.

It's entirely possible that, over the course of 10,000 years, a suit of Grey Knight Terminator Armour could have been captured by your Chaos army, so don't worry.
    Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me.

Member of the Canadian Clan, eh.
    Mech Tau Cadre: 2000 points, needs paint and magnets.
    Paladins of Avalon (SW):-1500 points, needs paint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Broadside_Pilot
    It's entirely possible that, over the course of 10,000 years, a suit of Grey Knight Terminator Armour could have been captured by your Chaos army, so don't worry.
    Followed by a long, overly-drawn out, bloody campaign to get said suit back into the hands of the 'good guys' ...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Well, if all else fails, that makes great fluff for your army...
    Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me.

Member of the Canadian Clan, eh.
    Mech Tau Cadre: 2000 points, needs paint and magnets.
    Paladins of Avalon (SW):-1500 points, needs paint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking of modelling grey knights as chosen myself. I can think of few things that compare to wearing the bastardized armour of chaos' most defiant foe.
    I play slaanesh so the halberds actually looks a lot like the halberd the fantasy slaanesh lord has and it could fit the fluff for me. However for Khorne it seems kind of out of place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

57 (x3)

I'll probably write a piece of fluff about how an army of Grey Knights we wiped out by an army of khorne, and the weapon was taken as a trophy or something

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast