Using Chaos Bikes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

I've been fiddling with the idea of using some bikes in my army. Although I play Iron warriors, i like the idea of adding flexibility to my force so that i don't get caught in using the same army over and over. I have Raptors, but something keeps drawing me back to bikes. Any REAL input on this? Please let me know because i'm sure i'm not the only one with a few nicely painted models that i never use (I.E. my Looted Leman Russ built for fun, and a converted ork quad with nice rims... yes i got bored)

40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion bikes are too expensive. Sure they can move fast and have a toughness of 5, but if the opponent wants them dead, they'll die, and that's a lot of points down the drain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personnly Ive had pretty good luck with my Bikers, the power to shoot as if stationary is quite powerful, especially if you give two plasma guns. Don't count on the T5 to save them, try and keep them where there safe, out of los, or in CC with a unit they can take. Use there 12 inch movement to stay out of your enemys heavy weapons los, instead of just relentsly advancing forward. From my personal experience, there a good buy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

as a ravenwing player i can tell you bikes are good my only problem with chaos bikes is they're lack of attack bikes so go use the bikes
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos bikes kick ass
    but from my experiance, a few pointers-
    always have a tooled up champion to help in assault
    always have two plasma guns (my plasma guns fired 4 shots after moving at an ork dreadnoughs armour 12, 4 hits, 4 penetrating hits (yes thats 4 6's) and it was blown apart, plasma also takes down terminators, mega armour, wraitlords etc.
    never take less than 5 bikes
    keep them in cover if you can.
    mark of khorne!!!!

ps, the owner of the ork dreanough was so *****ed off he bundled my two remaining bikers with 20 slugga boys, they all died, but it was fun while it lasted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey, this forum has a bad word filter, lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bikes are good, but they're just too expensive too lose. Two things help to avoid this:
    - hug cover: give them skilled riders, don't leave them in the open.
    - give the aspchamp warhounds: they're cheap wounds and good in assaults.
    - get into assault with enemy troops: T5 really shines against orks, guard etc.

btw I give my bikers flamers, as you'll want to get within 6" range of the enemy anyway. Just don't shoot if you think they'll fall back though, or your guys could be stranded in the open.

- NIV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

I always used my bikes as tank hunters. Always had meltaguns in it, with a power fist wielding champion. Just make sure you keep them out of LoS, and strike sudden, it rocks. Coming to think of it... skilled riders could be a nasty surprise for ze opponent :ph34r: .
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it depends on what god you dedicate them to. Undivided bikers serve as a jack of all trades, tank hunters, troop assaults, harrasment. Khorne bikers, are great for close combat as they get four attacks on the charge with their chain axes and can still lay down some good bolter fire before they charge combine this with furious charge and you should have a squad capable of taking on even a grey knight power armor squad in close combat. Slannesh bikers with furious charge, like knorne are very expensive but you will slaughter any troops you come across as but you would not get as many chainaxe attacks with slaneesh,
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I, as you can tell by my status, worship Khorne, and my Bikers Kick Ass nearly everytime. Skilled Riders is a Must have however.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast