Librarium Online Forums banner

Multiple Chaos Spawn

528 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  MouseC112 
#1 ·
I seem to remember a sentence somewhere like "nothing in the Armoury may be chosen twice." However, some items in the Chaos Armoury can be chosen more than once, such as Thrall Wizards. That said, my question is:

Can an Aspiring Champion be accompanied by multiple Chaos Spawn, or just one?

Thanks. :D

#5 ·
Daedelus said:
It actually says that you can't recieve the benifit twice. says nothing about actually taking it. Since the chaos spawn dosn't directly effect the model buying it, I'd have to say yes.
The benefit of taking the Chaos Spawn Daemonic Gift is that you get to have a Chaos Spawn as a follower. Since you can't have the benefit of a single gift more than once, you can't claim more than one Spawn follow on any model at the beginning of the game.

Thralls are allowed up to four because the entry for them specifically states that you can control up to four. There is no such stipulation for Chaos Spawn, which means you may only have one.

#6 ·
I would have to agree with caluins POV it is registered under Demonic GIFTS and not under wargear, and it does say that you CANNOT take a deamonic gift more then once. If you would like to make more of them take the Gift of chaos magic abilitie. another thing if you want to buff up your squads more w/o using marines is to take the Chaos hounds, ads 2 atks at S4 i believe and they can each soak up a wound or two, i dont have my codex to confirm the wounds on the wolfs.

#7 ·
Hounds are ok for adding extra attacks, but remember to be careful as during shooting your taking the saves off the majority armor save... could run into problems in some situations. however if your anticipating getting big by ordinance, might be nice to allocate some of those wounds to the hounds.

As for the spawn, i find if you really want spawns, have a CSM squad where the aspiring takes a spawn then lead the squad with a LT with sorc/gift. That way you can turn stuff into spawns even debate starting the LT with a spawn pending points left.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.