chosen - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: chosen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chosen

Mod Edit -

Banned members shouldn't be posting.

Last edited by Caluin; February 18th, 2006 at 01:49.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

That sounds pretty powerfull to me. Could you give us a lay-out of your Chosen so I can see what you gave them and see if I could give you advice on how to make em' more cost efficient or better? If you don't get what I mean here would be an example:

Chosen Terminators (5)
    -Mark of Nurgle
    -Aspiring Champion (1)
    +Powerfist
    +Mark of Nurgle
    etc.

Thanks!

~Ben

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

That's way too expensive. Keep them cheap but numerous. Seven normal termies will have just as much punch as four of these at roughly equal points, but they come with seven wounds where yours would get only four. Remember, a S7+AP2 weapon kills any of your expensive ones just as easily as a normal cheap one.

Then again, it's also questionable if termies are worth it at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

I would also never use them in games under 1700 pts because they can really take up a lot of points. Otherwise, I love Chosen! Just becareful about using them in lower points games.

Your lay-out looks pretty good to me.

and also no body will shoot them because they will be infiltrators
    Be sure to add in Infiltrator Veteran ability if you want to do this. Another option for speed I like to do is give them all bikes. If you did this, when you turbo-boost you can get a 2+ inv. save which is pretty good.

~Ben
    Last edited by brushman; February 18th, 2006 at 00:52.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although if you take bikes you cant take termie. armour. Its really what you want them to do.

Also, if you give a unit a mark they can only have one veteran skill. So with your termie. squad you can have either:
    1. MoN w/ furious charge
    2. MoN w/ infiltration (is that even allowed for termies?)
    3. furious charge and infiltration

Yeah your unit can be really powerful in cc. Chosen is kinda where what will you sacrifice in numbers for strength?

As suggested by IAmAngel, I wouldn't use them in small I point games. I personally would not recommend them in anything below 2,000. Buy you might be able to pull it off in a 1500 pt game.

Just my constructive critism.
    "You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way." - Will Roger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

[QUOTE=Typus Herald of Nurgle]ok dude i dont mean to be mean but thtas kind of stupid trust me when i say this, i am trying to get help but, i was grey knights and lightning claws w/ furios charge is really good /QUOTE]
    I didn't say that I5 lightning claws are a bad thing, did i? My point was that you can get a similar punch by relying on a higher number of attacks instead of a comparatively low number of high quality attacks with playthings like lightning claws - and you get more resilience on top of that.

and also no body will shoot them because they will be infiltrators if they need to be so they wont need to worry abot AP much at all
    Infiltration does not equal never being shot. Furthermore, seven of each of course will be equally resilient - but seven of yours will be a lot more expensive and therefore each loss hurts a lot more.

By the way...since when can terminators infiltrate in first instance?

and sure 7 guys wont die any slower but tell em what happens when they get in close combat and oh yeah they are enough points to hurt anything.
    Like a AV12 dreadnought, with S5 weapons at most? Or a wraithlord, if they didn't get the charge?

Closed Thread