Greater Deamons, Yes Or No? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've recently been pondering the question that is: do I get a greater deamon?

I've been asking myself this for literaly years, but have always found something more worthy of my £25. so what do you people think.

I have noticed an abundence of bloodthirsters, and so I'm wondering if there's something behind that, or whether it's just that there's loads of khorne players.

any insights will be greatly apreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greater Daemons are... great, for lack of a better word. I use a Bloodthirster (I play Khorne). He's probably the most used because, he is the best, although also the most expensive. My Bloodthirster has taken out 2 or 3 squads of marines, a land raider, and a couple of HQ's in a battle against space wolves. They're also fun to build and paint, and afterwards they look pretty cool on the battlefield, being bigger than most on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd agree the bloodthirster is probably the best but dont forget harvester there is no such thing as a flawless plan. i've played my friend who used a bloodthirster and i wiped him before he could get in combat so that was a waste of points but if you use him correctly thebloodthirster can be lethal!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but they do attract a LOT of fire...especially from imperial guard so take care when your using them against 300 lasguns...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've decided to go for the keeper of secrets. my reasons why are as follows.

they're pretty much the average greater deamon (ie not huge wounds and not many attacks, or huge magic and not much fighting capability etc).

they have great all round stats, and I like slaanesh (though my heart is realy with nurgle)

if you give them loads of minor powers, they will have a large chance of getting the siren ability, and then nothing can shoot them.

now I've just got to sell my high elf silver helms (I already have 2 offers) and the keeper will be mine (not to mention the comedy value, when I "forget" to tell my friends he's there until it's too late, and mashed tau go flying)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's true about them getting shot to death. That is why I have a few squads of 16 berzerkers with an aspiring champion. Get up close and then, summon him. The only problem with this is that, sometimes they don't come out at the right time. With that one battle where my Bloodthirster did a ton. I moved him up 12" behind cover to reach my friends long fangs, and then slaughter them! It was a very close match though, seeing as the rest of my army did terribly. If you really like Nurgle, then why don't you go with him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've decided not to get a great unclean one, because they're a bit pants. fair enough they have 6 wounds, but with a small number of attacks and a low initiative, and low weapon skill (compared with the others), when it gets to combat it's not going to be able to so enough damage to miraculously change anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the lord of change. It's got about average stats, can fly and doen't have to pass a psykic test to use magic. It also, IMO, looks the best

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going to be Chaos so I got a Balrog from the Lord of the Rings range and it was going to be my Bloodthister but then changed my mind and now I'm Deamonhunter. But who ever I play can borrow it for the Greater Deamon using the adversies rule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta agree with the lord of change player. It has the highest intitive very good strength, same toughness and decent number of attacks. Slap wind of choas on him and youve got a space marine killing machine.
    You know what they say, if you dont like the weather in houston...go back to where you came from

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast