Nurgle bikers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nurgle bikers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nurgle bikers

I was messing around with my armybuilder and formed a highly mobile nurgle daemon bomb list with 7 chosen on bikes and a daemon prince with two squads of 14 plague bearers and one squad of 7 plague bearers and a two havoc squads

Question is would the nurgle bikers be toughness 6 or 5
    since being mark of nurgle you get daemonic resistance and then the +1 for the bike right?? or am i just reading it wrong
    plus its just a a little list i did to see what i can do with bikes i have left over from other armies that unit cost over 800 points with melta on bikes and plague swords and power fist and nurgle rot and infestion(sp)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Librarian Augustine's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Nurgle can't have bikes or mounted units

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

I really don't think that's going to be worth it. To get bikes they have to have access to the armory, so they'll all have to be AC's. Then the mark of nugle and the bike bonus toughness does not stack. That's pouring a lot of points for a small return in investment.

You'd probably do better infiltrating them: They're nearly as good, and cost less that half as many points per model.

Interesting idea though. . .

edit to respond to post written at the same time: Hmm not a nurgle guru, but I knew they couldn't take biker squads. However, does the mark of nurgle specificly bann the use of mounts/bikes? Looks like I need to reread that part of the codex. . .
    Last edited by JORMAGI; February 22nd, 2006 at 04:29.
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Librarian Augustine
    Nurgle can't have bikes or mounted units
    Wrong. Nurgle can't have Chaos Marine Biker squads - but any Character with access to the armoury can take a bike as normal.

If you're going to do a bike + daemon bomb, Nurgle is a poor choice. Not only are their daemons sub par, their bikers are very expensive due to having to be Chosen Champions.

If you're dead set on Nurgle, Jormagi mentioned Infiltration. That's a better choice. You'll be wasting too many points otherwise.

If you're set on having Bikes, consider going with either Khorne or Slaanesh. Both have excellent bike units, and very good daemons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

To answer your initial question, while you can take Nurgle ICs and Chosen Champions with bikes, their toughness upgrade does NOT stack. See earlier thread on it here (Daemonic resilience and mark of nurgle)where I found that out.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

I am not sure about nurgle purchasing bikes, but I am very sure that if you mount plague marines in rhinos they are fast attack, so that is what you have for mobility

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Orkimedes41792
    I am not sure about nurgle purchasing bikes, but I am very sure that if you mount plague marines in rhinos they are fast attack, so that is what you have for mobility
    Only for Death Guard armies, and only once you've bought so many of such squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try flying possessed? T5, speedy, AC... all you need.
    *In My Mind*

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

There is a very specific entry in the codex where it states that no toughness upgrades ever stack in any way. The only exception to this is daemonic stature.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

+ Reply to Thread