which gods the most broken - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which gods the most broken

hey guys wat chaos gods-and their armys are the most broken ??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Broken? In the sense that they are unbalanced? I would say none of them. In my experience a black legion army will be overall more powerfull than a cult army.

I play a lot of Khorne, usually a pure World Eaters army, but I am sure that a Khorne heavy Black Legion army with a havoc squad and maybe some obliterators would be more powerful most of the time.

One common trait for all the cult armies, with the possible exeption of Slaanesh, is that they give up a lot of flexibility and gain a focus on one aspect. Used right it can be very good, but it will have a severy limited tactical scope compared to a Black Legion army. Again with the possible exeption of a Slaaneshi army.

Arizzar
    If the radiance of a thousand suns
    Were to burst at once into the sky,
    That would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
    I am become Death,
    The shatterer of Worlds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree the 4 armies that souly follow the chaos god have their own strengths and weaknesses:

Khorne close combat monsters but with little long range fire power
    How to beat em: at as longer range as possible
    How to win get into combat as quickly as possible

Slanesh as mentioned are good all rounders

Tzeentch have got devastating magic

Nurgle have tough troops that can use bolters as an extra weapon in hand to hand combat

how you beat these armies is down to you

tear nurgle slanesh and tzeench apart in close combat or annihalate them at long range or maybe a mixture of both. Your tactics willbest depend on your personal style of play and your previous experiance.

Monkey Pirate Greenbeard The Ex-pirate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

while some of my friends will claim slaanesh is broken, I've always maintained that there really isn't such thing as a broken army, they ALL can be beat, you just might not be smart enough to figure out how. In order to beat a Khorne army you need to be shooty, and have a few fodder units to maybe tie them up, Nurgle can be beaten with speed and high strength weapons ( las guns just don't seem to cut it), Tzeentch you can run circles around, and almost always out range ( but never manage to kill the buggers...) , Slaanesh requires the most thought I think, if they got a Greater Demon with Siren ( I always seem to heh heh ) you got to either A) kill the host ASAP or b) make it use siren in the wrong turn ( or hell phariah) you can't however just relay on say shooting or close combat or nothings ever going to happen. Balgion Legion can be beat just like any other smerf army ( granted there tends to be a few more tricks but you can kill it in more or less the same way)
    Rheagar fought nobly
    Rheagar fought valiantly
    Rheagar fought honorably
    And Rheagar died.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

I agree. There's no such thing as an unbeatable list. There are good lists, and there are good generals who are tough to beat... but that doesn't mean it's impossible.

Slaanesh has some great stuff, but they tend to be expensive and have lower numbers than most chaos armies. I know my Emperor's Children army is the smallest model wise of all the people I play against regularly... and generally, we don't have quite the staying power of other armies, so I have to make every move count. Slaanesh dishes out damage much better than they can take it... you beat Slaanesh by surviving their initial attacks and mounting a strong counter attack.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

What a silly thread. In time, ATWA, you will learn to structure your posts. I just hope that happens sooner rather than later.

Most people will cry cheese when they are wiped out in 3 turns by World Eaters. "But they have so many attacks!" and "Chainaxes are way underpriced!" are the most common winges, generally from Comp Onions. If someone beats you, get over it. Try another tactic, try harder, ask lady luck for some help. Don't write pointless threads.
    Last edited by Monsieur Cartier; February 27th, 2006 at 13:57.
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by monsieurcartier
    What a silly thread. In time, ATWA, you will learn to structure your posts. I just hope that happens sooner rather than later.

Most people will cry cheese when they are wiped out in 3 turns by World Eaters. "But they have so many attacks!" and "Chainaxes are way underpriced!" are the most common winges, generally from Comp Onions. If someone beats you, get over it. Try another tactic, try harder, ask lady luck for some help. Don't write pointless threads.
    Agreed

Thread Closed
    "As I walk through the valley of LO I fear no spammer, because I got the power to ban"

Of Trui and Gay

A Chaos Space Marines Diary

Svenska Rackham Sidan

troopseses!

Closed Thread