Khorne lord challenge - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khorne lord challenge

Right your mission if you choose to accept it is to give me suggestions for a truly gore soaked khorne lord the only rules are thus

1) thou shalt use daemonic speed
    2) thou shalt use the bezerker glaive
    3) thou shalt definatly use daemonic stature
    4) if a better lord can be developed thou shalt ignore the above 3 rules
    5) thou shall bear in mind that the conversion i have in mind is a huge daemonic centaur (think a cross between archaons horse a 40k daemon prince and a bloof thirster.

I have spoken:wacko:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Well, first problem is that #1 and #2 can't happen together. By taking the Glaive, you give up any other form of movement modification, which includes Daemonic Speed. Only the Third Printings of the Chaos Codex mention this, but take my word on it - you can't combine them.

However, I'm inclined to go with option number 4.

Lord -
    Stature, Speed, 2x CCW, Daemonic Strength, Daemonic Resilience, Feel No Pain, Daemonic Aura. This leaves you 25 daemonic gifts points to play with - some suggestions are the Collar of Khorne if you play Librarian heavy Space Marines or Psyker armies. Daemon Armour is good if you see more AP3 than AP2 weaponry.

You'll notice there is no Daemon Weapon - that's intentional. A favourite tactic of mine is to slap the Glaive on a Lt. with Terminator Armour and Daemonic Strength. While the opponent is busy dealing with your army and Statured Lord, you DS the Lt. behind a unit you want him to annihilate. I've seen some people also give the Lt. a Chainfist so that if opponent tries blocking him with a vehicle, you simply Chainfist it eight times, though that option becomes very expensive quickly. If you don't want to go that way, give a Darkblade to the Lord.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    Well, first problem is that #1 and #2 can't happen together. By taking the Glaive, you give up any other form of movement modification, which includes Daemonic Speed. Only the Third Printings of the Chaos Codex mention this, but take my word on it - you can't combine them.
    AFAIK - the berserker glaive rules it says you cannot take daemonic speed or a daemonic steed. it does NOT say you cant have daemonic wings. speed and wings clearly being defined as seperate abilities.

my current khorne DP-
    mark of khorne
    furios charge
    rage of khorne
    daemonic stature
    berserker glaive
    daemonic flight
    daemonic str

6+1 str on the charge, 8+ d3 atk (2hand power weapon), 4+ invuln save, 2d6 AP, 5+1 init on the charge, 12" movement.

total cost 186. 100/26, daemon/wargear upgrades

so far this has been my most effective setup.
    leave the moderating to the moderators

if pro is the opposite of con, does that mean progress is the opposite of congress?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by micah
    AFAIK - the berserker glaive rules it says you cannot take daemonic speed or a daemonic steed. it does NOT say you cant have daemonic wings. speed and wings clearly being defined as seperate abilities.
    From the Chaos FAQ 4.2 -

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ
    Note that the Third reprinting prevents models with a Berzerker Glaive using any special movement mode. This includes daemonic speed, daemonic flight and Chaos Marine Bikes; nor they ride a Steed.
    This exact same passage appeared in the original FAQ for Chaos, but was removed when the Third Printing came out, along with a few other entries such as Obliterator toughness. Due to great player confusion, they are being re-entered into the FAQ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

A favourite tactic of mine is to slap the Glaive on a Lt. with Terminator Armour and Daemonic Strength. While the opponent is busy dealing with your army and Statured Lord, you DS the Lt. behind a unit you want him to annihilate.
    Hmm. But unless I've missed something in a faq CSM Terminator Armour does not grant you the ability to always deep strike.

I mean, you can deep strike with it, but its mission specific. So this could be a risky combo in a tournament.

I've seen some people also give the Lt. a Chainfist so that if opponent tries blocking him with a vehicle, you simply Chainfist it eight times, though that option becomes very expensive quickly.
    You cheese monkey Caluin. (Thats a compliment coming from me btw.)

I can't believe I never saw this before. The weapon does state that doubles your base attacks, but it doesn't say you have to use it to gain the advantage does it?

As an aside, the one thing I recommend adding to your lord is furious charge to your Lord if you haven't already. I don't belive that it is counted as part of your wargear limitation according to the V 4.01. faq.

So even if you blow the whole 150 points, you can still toss on a veteran skill(Like furious charge.)

I always like that extra point of initiative if I can get it. Its not cheap, but in the right circumstances like charging an opposing IC its gold.
    Last edited by Grey; February 26th, 2006 at 16:38.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey
    Hmm. But unless I've missed something in a faq CSM Terminator Armour does not grant you the ability to always deep strike.

I mean, you can deep strike with it, but its mission specific. So this could be a risky combo in a tournament.
    Nope, you're 100% correct in those regards. I usually work under the assumption that you're playing with most of the standard rules in effect, so if you don't normally have Deep Strike missions, then you'll not want to use this tactic. However, all standard missions have Deep Strike at the Gamma and Omega level, and most tournies are run at the Gamma level.

I can't believe I never saw this before. The weapon does state that doubles your base attacks, but it doesn't say you have to use it to gain the advantage does it?
    Yeah - interesting little loop hole, isn't it? Can't remember who first point that out to me - though I do know it was someone on this board quite awhile back.

I don't belive that it is counted as part of your wargear limitation according to the V 4.01. faq.
    You are correct, they do not count.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well heres my config for my lord
    mark of khorne (obviously)
    chaos lord 186 pts
    Daemonic armour
    Daemonic stature
    Daemonic resilience
    Daemonic strength
    Furious charge
    Beserker glaive
    Collar of khorne
    Frag grenades

can only be instakilled by strength 10 weapons a normal space marine has a 1 in 72 chance of taking a wound in cc whereas the other way this has got 7, 5 in 9 chance of killing the space marine.
    it also works well vs a carnifex with 2+ save 5 wounds and toughness 7. On the charge the daemon prince has got a 1 in 3 chance of inflicting a wound, which means on average 3 wounds with the princes 9 power wepon attacks on the charge

This prince also fits in with a fair ammount of your requirements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah - interesting little loop hole, isn't it? Can't remember who first point that out to me - though I do know it was someone on this board quite awhile back.
    Muwah! This from a guy who doesn't like meltaguns on khorne bikes.
    fRESH lives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thought i might as well ressurect this post since i have finished designing my new khorne lord so i have had my necromancers duelly shot for heresy so lets begin

Mark of khorne
    D stature
    D mutation
    D resistance
    D flight
    D essence
    D Strength
    rage of khorne
    Bezerker glaive
    Feel no pain

What are peoples opinions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

I think you've spent more that you're aqllowed to on daemonic gifts- he can have 150pts of wargear but only 100 of that can be daemonic gifts. From what I can remember, stature, essence, resilience, strenght and mutation come to 110 points by themselves. The glaive, rage and feel no pain on top of that, and he's over points cost.

Silly idea having huge lords anyway. Stick to 10% of the total points on HQs IMO.

[edit]also, necroposting is a bad thing isn't it?[/edit]
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast