Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Ok mindraked has given me the idea for this post what questions are being continually asked on this section (the chaos section) of the forum. Please put any questions that you consider to be FAQs here so anyone browsing can immediatly see where to go without having to start a seperate thread.
How do we do it ?
Do I put my stuff right here and then try to answer to it ? Like this :
Daemonic Instability : P.12
- Chaos Spawn : Chaos Armoury
- Daemonic speed + Daemonic Flight : Chaos Armoury
- Greater Daemons : HQ Section
- Daemon Prince : Daemonic Stature Entry in the Armoury
- What can be combined : Look at each elements of wargear and gifts to see if they can fit together. If there is any restriction, it will be written.
- Mark of chaos on obliterator : If it's not written you can have a mark, then you can't have a mark.
- Blood Rage : Look in the Khorne Section
- Berzerker Glaive : Read the text, it's clearly stated what can and can't be used with the glaive.
- 50+ points of gifts : Look in the wargear section and under the Chaos Lord entry
- How to model a daemon prince : Look in the daemon prince entry
- Daemon summoning : Guess what ? It's in the special rules section (P.12) under the Daemon summoning rubric.
- Can I use bike in a Death Guard army : Book of chaos, there is a nice board with checks on the units that can receive each mark of chaos.
- What does Night Lords do : Night lord Entry in the book of chaos.
- Favoured unit : First page of the book of chaos.
- Free AC in favoured unit : Each pure god legion's book
- Number of daemon Weapon in an army : P.12 under daemon weapons - unique weapon
- How do I make Daemon Weapon : P.12 under daemon weapons - unique weapon
Or do we put it down 1 question at the time and each take time to answer it ? We should sort it. Some one shoul use his post and edit it with each question answered in an alphabetik order.
CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7
I guess this is the sort of thing you mean...
Which army should I choose?
Alpha Legion = Infiltrating army. Can be used to either reposition shooty units or move cc units forwards
Iron Warriors = Best shooty army chaos has hands down. The abilty to take 4 HS slots should not be underestimated. Often vulnerable to DSing armies however. Has access to the mutated hull vindi, the best unit in the game imho
Night Lords = The fast attack army of chaos. Only daemons they can take though are furies which imo suck. Best fluff in 40k imo and a cool (if somewhat difficult) paint scheme
Word Bearers = The troop heavy chaos army. The rule was designed to encourage the use of daemons but the cult armies do that better. Most WB armies I see are shooty ones built around large numbers of shooty troop squads. Basically IG in power armour
Black Legion = Flexible, good for people just starting chaos. The only way you can take a Bloodthirster and Nurgle marines in the same army The army I still use most now
Khorne = Best chaos cc army imo, but hard to control and is often easily manipulated by units such as rhinos and LS
Tzeentch = Hamstrung by the 4th ed rules imo but good for a challenge. Potentially the most dangerous unit in the game, in the form of their possessed, though these are only really an option in larger games. Fluff wise they are the ''nicest'' of the chaos Legions
Nurgle = The resiliant army of chaos. The standard infiltrating plasma list is extremely destructive in the hands of a competent player, especially against SM lists. I like their fluff
Slaanesh = Can be either mid range shooty (they have imo the second best standard firearm after Tau) or cc. Their DPs own btw and are generally considered to be the best in the chaos codex (thought I personally prefer the Khonre ones
I might expand these later when I have more timeOoops just seen this. This is what I assumed he meant, but I could be wrong...Originally Posted by MindRaked
I've created a different thread that should be a bit more organized. There is a certain format that we use for FAQs like this. You can find it here -Originally Posted by Maugatar