Mark of Tzeentch - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark of Tzeentch

Can an independent character with the mark of Tzeentch take a bike as wargear? Its pretty clear a unit of bikers may not bear the mark as they would all be automations, but what about independent characters?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

ICs don't get the rubric sign. You can't have regular bikers, but characters aren't regular Thousand Sons. They are the lucky ones, they still have bodies.

Unfortunately, it is a rediculous idea. TS on bikes just dont work. Spend the points on something useful.
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

It is true that Tzeentch characters can have bikes, although i wouldn't advise it - it's only useful for the daemon bomb tactic, and that's not really worthwhile with the Tzeentch daemons anyway - they're close range, but not THAT close ranged. Tzeentch characters should at least sit back and blast the enemy with magical fire for a few turns
    before charging into combat, and as such, the bike is not useful. You can do one of two things - give him a disc of tzeentch which just looks cool, and is a good investment. That or put him in a rhino with rubric models, which will restrict his assault possibilities for a turn (although you can still fire from access points) but give him a bit of security. To be fair though, they usually work best on their own, on foot, with thralls and offering a bit of fire support and a little bit of assault punch.

LoC
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Deadlock rode a bike.(ABC-Warriors:shifty: )

I will not say it's a good idea, but it is cool. Very cool indeed. I'm making one for my sons as I want someone to get close fast and someone who is able to lock enemies in CC and hence preventing them from fiering their Heavy Weapons.
    I admit that the "Daemon Bomb" is not a very good TS-tactic, but the "Rubrik Terminator Bomb" is quite alright.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is really what I am hoping to do. I Think a fast sorcerer with the darkblade, wind of chaos, and maybe the eye of tzeentch would make a fantastic assault HQ. And if he could teleport in back up it would be a very strong beach head in the enemy lines while rubric marines shoot the enemy up with bolt of change. Maybe its not the most orthodox 1k sons tactic but hey he is the lord of change, why not mix it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds cool to me. I think you can make a mean solitary daemon prince to just wander the board and kill everything. All he needs is 3 things.

1. the ability to stay alive
    2. the ability to do tons of damage
    3. some kind of speed

the bike gives you speed, then add d. essence, plus the toughness from the bike and rune give you staying power, also the eye would be good to help you ignore a wound.
    add mutation and the dark blade, plus winds to drop on the charge give you serious damage.

don't forget, the 1K sons, while lacking in a lot of areas, can make every bit as bad ass a daemon prince as other armies. so tool 'im up and go, I say. I like the disk cause it's sweet lookin, but bikes are cool too and that toughness is nice. if he needs too he can go 24 and get a 3+ invul. and think about the damage he can do.

spread winds of chaos, killing many, charge, get about 6 attacks, with a dark blade. I like this character alot, and he could be converted to look totally sweet. thinking ahriman's torso cut off and glued to a biker's legs, a nice looking sword and maybe convert the bike with some egyptian looking charactaristics. I just converted a slaanesh biker lord and it looks very sweet indeed.
    Last edited by northoceanbeach; March 7th, 2006 at 01:47.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats pretty much what I intend. Modeling wise I want to use the dark angles chief librarian and modify the bike so he can be standing. I love the way he is gripping his sword ready to strike, and I think the hood, robes and books add to the sorcerer look.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

If you are going to use a DarkAngel, I suggest you use Cypher, since it'll be quite easy to convert him into a biker. The chieflibrarian will take quite a lot of work and I'm not sure he'll look as good.
    But this is more of a conversion forum issue. post your ideas there and tons of skilled ones will offer you advice and hints.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My lord

Darkblades are good but a Bedlam staff is what you should go with. They are awsome and also spectacular at killing anything with more than one wound.

I also used a Warhammer Fantasy Champion of Tzeentch (From hordes of chaos) to represent my lord
    Last edited by kristoferjm; March 12th, 2006 at 04:37.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Bedlam staves aren't really worth it unless you're playing tyranids, or other thousand sons. If you want a really decent, choppy lord that can carve up squads in combat, stick with your dark blade - remember, to all those troopers, the bedlam staff is simply an expensive power weapon.

LoC
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast