Quick IW question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick IW question

I didn't see this covered in the codex, but im pretty tired so i could have over looked it.

How many Totaly Slots do i have in elites,

Also can i have 1 Fast Attack with 4 Heavys, or do i give up my 1 fast attack for that 4th slot?

cool thanks :ninja:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

You have three Elites in an ordinary Force organization chart, this may differ between different mission though, but no special rule for the IW here.
    You give up two Fast Attacks for that forth Heavy, so one remains. You still have the option to use "only" three Heavies and in this keeping all three Fast Attack slots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok great thanks, I was wanting to have 4 Heavys. But i have a MegaForce Set, so it comes with both Bikes and beserkers in it... Just trying to put together an Elite List with retinue that works well. Using my beserkers or not. :sleep:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiepop
    Ok great thanks, I was wanting to have 4 Heavys. But i have a MegaForce Set, so it comes with both Bikes and beserkers in it... Just trying to put together an Elite List with retinue that works well. Using my beserkers or not. :sleep:
    Quick note on that, If your using the IW rules, you're limited as to which marks your units can take. Specifically in this case, no berserkers allowed when using IW rules.

Of course you could use them as normal iron warriors with a bit of conversion work ( head swap / head modification, and removing the MoK would be acceptable with most oponents I would think).
    Quote Originally Posted by Andusciassus
    there is a difference in a well educated kick and an amateur one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok cool, good to know. that will hope out my pricing list.

Any opinions on having my elites slots filled with..

1. 2 x Oblits
    2. unit of terms
    3. unit of terms.

I haven't desided on what gear will be given atm.

Btw Im just nextdoor to you :ninja: North Vancouver BC, here :w00t:

lol

Thanks for the heads up

And perhaps if someone here that collects IW, could you please PM me, i have some questions about the heads and armor stuff, since u can't get the box sets anymore.
    Last edited by Boogiepop; March 9th, 2006 at 06:42.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiepop
    Any opinions on having my elites slots filled with..

1. 2 x Oblits
    2. unit of terms
    3. unit of terms.
    I would probably go for at least two squads of obliterators. Terminators are great, but get pricey very, very quickly. In many cases best left for games above 1500 points. Two units of terminators is very hard to do even in a 2000 point army.

That being said termies can be handy in an IW army as a countercharge unit since most people will be careful about getting too close to terminators (for obvious reasons). And since IW can outshoot most things you can often count on the enemy getting closer to you.

Arizzar
    If the radiance of a thousand suns
    Were to burst at once into the sky,
    That would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...
    I am become Death,
    The shatterer of Worlds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it be perferable to get get 2 oblits solo and 1 unit of terms or...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Would it be perferable to get get 2 oblits solo and 1 unit of terms or...
    Single Obliterators is often preferable, so you can keep them seperate and target more units. Again, Terminators should be kept for games of a higher points value.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

Actually you can have the 2 slots of oblits, and the 2 squads of terminators. remember that chosen always occupy 1 elite slots. thus even if you split the terminators into 2 seperate squads they are chosen so they only occupy 1 organization slot. remember though pending the point value of the army there is a maximum number of terminators that you can take.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Although one obliterator in each squad is helpful, if you have the points to spend, go for two in each squad. The second will add an extra shot, which is helpful for taking down tanks, or adds more shots to a squad you are shooting at, on top of the first obliterator's shots. While termies are tough to take down, they arn't immortal. Tau are termie killing machines, along with sm vindicators(which IWs can use!). I personally suggest having lots of tanks, oh ya, lots of tanks, to kill anything, vindicators, basalisks and Defilers kill large squads of almost anything, preditors and land raiders can destroy tanks or armoured units, Dreads and havocs are all around. Yo get som pretty good options for fighting any army!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast