Alpha Legion Questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha Legion Questions

Greetings Brothers of Chaos,

I am currently building an :ninja: Alpha Legion Army :ninja: and i have some questions. May be some of you can guide me.

1 - In an Alpha Legion army, does every unit have to be marked with the Mark of Chaos Undivided? Can some unit be marked with another Chaos Mark?

2 - Can the whole army be left unmarked? If so, can they still use the infiltrate at the point cost indicated in the alpha legion profile?

3 - I am looking to build cultits squads but i am not sure which model to use. Which model would you advise using? Should i do a conversion from an existing model... like catachan soldiers?

Thank you in advance for your wisdom brothers. May the Chaos Gods bring you strength!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Toon
    1 - In an Alpha Legion army, does every unit have to be marked with the Mark of Chaos Undivided? Can some unit be marked with another Chaos Mark?
    They may only have the Mark of Undivided. They can choose to not have this mark if they wish, but they may not have any other mark.

2 - Can the whole army be left unmarked? If so, can they still use the infiltrate at the point cost indicated in the alpha legion profile?
    The Marks restriction and the Veteran Skill bonus are completely seperate and not dependant upon each other.

3 - I am looking to build cultits squads but i am not sure which model to use. Which model would you advise using? Should i do a conversion from an existing model... like catachan soldiers?
    The most popular choices are -
    Imperial Guard converted in some way...
    Necromunda models...
    The old Cultist models that can be found in the Online Store archives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Caluin,

i have one more question. Can i have a Chaos Lord with a retinue of Chosen and a Chaos Lieutenant with a separate retinue of Chosen.

With this answered, i am ready to join the rank of the Alpha Legion...

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Yes, provided you have the chosen available for the point limit your playing. They will take up 1 elite slot. Note that you can also take a further 1 unit of chosen by themselves, without using an additional elite slot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andusciassus
    there is a difference in a well educated kick and an amateur one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

hmm you know this is exactly the kind of thing Caluin had in mind when he set up that questions thread up the top of the page. Guess it kind of failed.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by LordLink
    hmm you know this is exactly the kind of thing Caluin had in mind when he set up that questions thread up the top of the page. Guess it kind of failed.
    Hard to tell if it failed or not. You'll never know exactly how many people have actually read the Q&A and then not had to post a thread, since you never see those threads. All you can do is make a conjecture on whether the amount of question threads have gone down or not.

In this particular case we didn't have any of the questions in the Q&A thread yet. Perhaps people could actually put some of their questions and answers into the thread....

+ Reply to Thread