Nurgle or Tzeentch? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I bring PANDEMONIUM! Zephyr_the_AzureWind's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Nurgle or Tzeentch?

I'm right now trying to decide which chaos army to start and have narrowed it down to these two.

Can anyone tell me specific advantages and disadvantages of both armies other than the base stats that I already know?

leaning towards nurgle because of that daemonprince model coming for cityfight.

Raven Claws Space Marine Chapter........2500 points
    Waagh Rotskrag (in building process)

Member of the Fluffmaster Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

There are tacticas for both Thousand Sons (by me) and Death Guard in the articles section, check them.

Right, the main characteristics of thousand sons:

- Withering hails of bolter fire.
    - Slow walkers, but just as good as a marine in combat (except no charging bonus)
    - Very resilient, but vulnerable to instant-death weapons.
    - Everything except the chaos marines and daemons are sorcerers.
    - Not much in the way of heavy weapons, although this can be solved with predators, dreadnoughts, bolt of change etc - heavy weapons are a must in a thousand sons army.
    - In general psychically based.
    - High points values, but you most certainly get what you pay for.
    - Mainly shooty, although greater daemon/lords for close combat.

Death guard:

- Can take a lot of small arms fire due to their increased toughness, but obviously cannot take long-term damage like thousand sons can.
    - Bit of an all rounder - they have true grit, so have bolters and close combat weapons, therefore are primarily a close - medium range army.
    - Cool gifts, such as the manreaper, plague sword and nurgle's rot - all very devastating.
    - Can be put into rhinos, but every rhino squad after the second becomes fast attack - not that there's much to fill up fast attack with.
    - NURGLINGS! They're fun to use, at least.
    - The models are pretty superb.

Hope that helps!

LoC
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

yah I read the tacticas and it only really told me how to play the army......the thousand sons ones was nice in telling me the minor powers and everything though.

can nurgle be made mostly shooty until opponents charge them? or do they not have access to heavy weaponry....i remember some limitation there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr_the_AzureWind
    can nurgle be made mostly shooty until opponents charge them? or do they not have access to heavy weaponry....i remember some limitation there.
    They have large limitations when it comes to their infantry units. However, never underestimate the power of the Bolter, especially when paired with a few Plasmaguns or Meltaguns. If you want guns bigger than that, you'll have to invest into vehicular support, such as Predators and Dreads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    They have large limitations when it comes to their infantry units. However, never underestimate the power of the Bolter, especially when paired with a few Plasmaguns or Meltaguns. If you want guns bigger than that, you'll have to invest into vehicular support, such as Predators and Dreads.
    I play nurgle, because an army of diseased freaks is definitely my preference over magical suits of power armor.
    Nurgle rules in combat, because they just won't ever die... but getting there is a problem, and it is very hard to outshoot anybody without plenty of pred's or dread's.
    I don't see 1k sons being any better at shootyness, though.
    Armies:
    Tyranids: 2500 pts
    Imperial Guard: 1000 pts
    Witch Hunters: 1000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually, 1k sons can create a devastating hail of bolter shells, because they never count as moving when it comes to shooting. so technically, their bolters have an effective range of 25-30 inches (25 is unlikely, as you'd have to roll snake eyes for movement)

and yes, they are both very resilient, but both are more resilient against different S attacks.

against S 8 and up and S 3, plague marines are more resilient.

and im not sure if this was mentioned, but 1k sons suck in CC (I 1....) whereas plague marines are good (T5 and true grit...).

both are good in mid range firefighting, but 1k sons can lay down more fire.

1k sons lack mobility in a big way, but have some cool spells.

But, if my next army wasn't going to b Iron Warriors, i was choosing between them and Nurgle...

hope i helped
    =][=

GM HALLS

Daemons shall crumble before my might!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Master Halls
    and im not sure if this was mentioned, but 1k sons suck in CC (I 1....) whereas plague marines are good (T5 and true grit...).
    Thousand Sons no longer strike at init of one. They use their normal initiative.

Also, with a Powerfisted Champion hidden behind numerous 2 wound models, they can actually be devestating in Close Combat. But, so can any Chaos squad that has a decked out Champion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    Thousand Sons no longer strike at init of one. They use their normal initiative.

Also, with a Powerfisted Champion hidden behind numerous 2 wound models, they can actually be devestating in Close Combat. But, so can any Chaos squad that has a decked out Champion.
    WHAT?! they don't strike at I1 anymore? when did they change that? if thats true their points cost is going to go past the 24 mark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr_the_AzureWind
    WHAT?! they don't strike at I1 anymore? when did they change that? if thats true their points cost is going to go past the 24 mark.
    When the 4th Edition Rulebook came out.

As for the price increase, that's doubtful. It doesn't really change much, to be honest. The main damage dealer is usually the Champion, and most 1K Sons Champions wield Powerfists. The actual Rubric troopers really aren't going to cause a whole lot of damage with their measly one attack, even at regular init.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Is the info located in the new edition faq? because then I have to tell some tzeentch players at my bunker about it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast