Daemonic Stature ? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemonic Stature ?

Well me and my buddy had a dispute today about my chaos lord that has daemonic stature. He seems to think that only models that are already considered level 3 in size can be monsterous creatures. So a normal sized chaos lord cannot be so according to him. The model is indeed level 2 size, I suppose... He's actually about the same size as a chaos terminator maybe a little higher (its actually typhus's body as a chaos lord).

The only thing it says in the book is "size 3:" then it names a bunch of example and includes monsterous creatures as one of them. Also in the way daemonic stature is listed in the chaos armory is "daemonic stature (lord only)". Which means in my mind that its either a chaos lord or daemon prince since they are exactly the same thing except for how they are modeled and one has a wider range of daemonic abilities.

Can anyone confirm this either way, ABSOLUTELY?

Also, me and 2 of my friends could have sworn from older edition rules that a rapid fire weapon (more specifically a bolter) can be fired once during the shooting phase then that model or unit could charge. But reading the new edition rules it states that firing any rapid fire weapon means no assaulting that game turn. Is this really true? Are we reading it correctly? I guess by terms it would make sense that only an assault weapon could actually assault. But this makes my army (death guard) a little crappier, since we basically rely on bolters ;/

Any answers to either of these questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im sorry if this don't help you, but i was just thumbing though the codex and this is what it says

"A model with Daemonic Stature is at least 10' Tall (to scale!), and should always be based on a 40mm diameter base.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    201 (x4)

1- Models with daemonic stature should look impressive. 10' tall seems to be the official statement, but there is not other obligation except the 40mm base. Now, since you play nurgle, you might want to create a big fat not tall daemon prince and it's ok for me, as long as it look impressive enough. But you can't use a basic marine / terminator model as a daemon prince, it's not big or fat enough.

As for your death guard army, bolter are still great, they are just less good they hab been before. Because of the true grit rule, you don't get any bonusses for charging but always get one extra attack in close combat, so it doesn't change anything for you.
    MindRaked
    CHAOS Undiv.: won 14/22 games EC: 4/7 WE: 6/9 DG: 10/15, TS: 3/7 Orks : 13/20 SM NL : 1/6 TAU: 14 of 24 IG: 3/7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Seems reasonable to me. Since your standard trooper is size 2, then a Monstrous Creature should be classified as size 3. Seems sort of silly to have a Monstrous Creature that is the same size classification as a normal trooper, no?

And as far as the Death Guard question goes... well, you know that they can still take Bolt Pistols, right? It's not a bad idea to have one or two groups of Plague Marines that have Bolt Pistols & Meltaguns. Then you have fire support squads of Bolter & Plasmaguns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just don't get why it would say "lord only" rather than "daemon prince only" ::shrug:: ohwell thnx for the info ;p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by HeXsim
    I just don't get why it would say "lord only" rather than "daemon prince only" ::shrug:: ohwell thnx for the info ;p
    Because by taking Stature it makes you a Daemon Prince. That's one of the two ways to become a Daemon Prince. The other is 51+ points of Daemonic Gifts. Neither are reliant upon the other, but both have the same effect of making you a Daemon. Stature just gives you other bonuses and negatives as well.

If it were to say "Daemon Prince only" then it'd lead one to assume that you had to have 51+ points of Daemonic Gifts before you could purchase Stature, which isn't the case.
    Last edited by Caluin; March 16th, 2006 at 21:48.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everybody seems to be confused with Daemon Princes and models with Daemonic Stature. One does not necessarily mean the other. Daemon Prince is simply a modelling aspect: the guideline is that 50 pts of Daemonic enhancements makes it a daemon prince, although it doesn't have to be, and daemon prince-ness means nothing except the model.

However, Daemonic Stature means that you have to model it as larger (the general rule is 10'), put it on a 40mm base, it becomes a Monstrous Creature, which makes it size 3, its WS increases to 6 and its BS to 3.

I am absolutely comfirming that a Lord, Prince or Sorceror Lord with Daemonic Stature becomes a Monstrous Creature, which makes it size 3. Daemon Princitude has nothing to do with it.

Also, as to the bolters thing, you can never fire a rapid fire weapon and then charge, unless you are on a bike. You can stay still and fire at full range, stay still and fire 2 shots at 12", move and fire two shots at 12", or move, not shoot, and charge. This is not, of course, counting mounted models, or Slow and Purposeful models.

To be honest, I would tell your friend to get a rulebook, and to read both it and the codex of whoever he is playing very carefully.
    *In My Mind*

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

+ Reply to Thread