Khorne Lord - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Khorne Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khorne Lord

I was wondering if someone could help with my Khorne Lord.
    ------------------------
    Khorne Lord

-Mark or Khorne
    -Collar of Khorne
    -Rage of Khorne
    -Berzerker Glaive
    -Feel No Pain
    -Daemonic Strength
    -Great Weapon
    -Krak Grenades
    -Power Weapon
    -Tank Hunter
    -Furious Charge

Total of 200pts
    --------------------------
    I think he needs some work but he still needs to be 200pts so any helpful advice is greatly accepted! Thanks!

Blood For The Blood God!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

What are you trying to do with him? What does the rest of your army comprise of, in general terms? (I.E., a few squads of Berzerkers and a few Predators.... etc.)

Well, in the meantime, I can tell you how your Khorne Lord is illegal.

You have two two handed weapons. Characters are only allowed to buy one from the armoury. You'll need to drop either the Glaive or the Great Weapon. Also, you have a Power weapon? Why? The Glaive acts as a Power weapon... why do you need another?

Since you have a Mark of Chaos, you may only have one Veteran Skill. I don't see why you need Tank Hunters anyways. Waste of points on this Lord, if you ask me.

Drop Krak grenades. Worthless items. Meltabombs are only a slight upgrade in cost and function so much better. You should however have Frag Grenades.

I see no Stature or Terminator Armour on him - how do you plan on keeping him alive? The Glaive makes him a one man unit, which means every single gun in the opposing army can target him. It'll take only a single Missile Launcher to make you lose those 200+ points. See my Tactica on Daemonic Gifts on how to properly use the Glaive.

Drop Rage of Khorne. Worthless upgrade.

Are you dead set on taking a Glaived Lord?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

I assume you have a rhino to get him across the battlefield. Otherwise he'll end up one of those lords everyone runs from but never has to fight. Daemonic flight is a very good ability.
    Last edited by mephistophales; March 18th, 2006 at 02:43.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khorne Lord

-Mark or Khorne
    -Collar of Khorne
    -Rage of Khorne
    -Berzerker Glaive
    -Feel No Pain
    -Daemonic Strength
    -Daemonic Resilince
    -Daemon Armor
    -Melta Bombs
    -Furious Charge

Total of 200pts
    -----------------------------

There...better? for the moment, I don't know what army I'm going to use him for, because I have this giant axe sitting on my basement floor and wanted to make a Glaive Lord. Thanks for the advice though, any more on this one?

Note to new post- Once I get some help on this one the next revised one will surely look into being mutated with giant wings
    Last edited by articlord; March 18th, 2006 at 02:47.
    Blood For The Blood God!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Okay, he's looking better. Still illegal, but in a different manner now. You have too much in the way of Daemonic Gifts. Rage of Khorne would be the appropriate thing to drop.

I see you still didn't go with Stature or Terminator Armour - there is absolutely no game reason to not go with one of the two. You are only short changing yourself by not taking one of the two. While I realize your model probably doesn't fit either a Lord with Terminator Armour or Stature, not taking one of the two on a Glaived Lord is like handing your opponent victory points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

52 (x3)

Well, he might not have the model for stature, but it would be a good choice. Terminator armor would also allow you to deepstrike him, but that might not be a great idea since it looks like you want him in CC all the time. With the armor you could drop daemon armor.
    win/draw/loss
    76/13/4

Ask yourself why in the world would you trust a win loss record? Playing them yourself is the only way to tell.

The true joy in the game is playing down to the last model, no matter the odds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thanks guys! I'm waiting for my GW internet order now! ( It's Due tommorow ) and I got like 50 million random bits for conversions so I'm gona try to make this guy in Terminator Armor or with stature! Thanks for Everything!
    Blood For The Blood God!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

61 (x1)

No conversion is needed for Demonic Stature, just mount him on a 40mm base.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Spittle72
    No conversion is needed for Demonic Stature, just mount him on a 40mm base.
    CSM codex:

"Models with daemonic stature must be 10 feet tall (to scale!)..."

So they do need modelling, in order to make them look bigger than other models - otherwise i could use a marine terminator and count him as having daemonic stature - base size does not denote model size.

LoC
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

61 (x1)

CSM Codex:
    "A model with Daemonic Stature is at least 10' tall, and should always be based on a 40mm diameter base."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast