The Khorne juggernaut - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

The Khorne juggernaut

Hello all!
    So, I've been playing around with my army list, and reading through the codex.
    Primarily thinking of alternate lists that I could branch my Undivided list to.
    And I re-read through the Juggernaut, and it dawned on me that it is pretty awesome.
    I also noticed that nobody really takes it in their lists, nor did it appear on the "khorne lord" thread about 10 days earlier.
    It basically gives you: speed, an extra attack, and an extra wound all for a little discount.
    If I get it right, most people slap some squad-clearing goodies on their Khorne Lieutenant/Lord and send him charging at the enemy. Other than wanting to attach him to a unit of other knornate lunatics, why wouldn't you use the juggernaut? Is there something I'm missing with my vision of a mounted mad-man charging and fleeting up the field of battle?(Lieutenant, Juggernaut, TOBB, Axe of Khorne, BP is 111pts) that seems a really easy way to earn some quick points, heck put a chainfist on him to make him 146 just in case someone wants to get clever.
    I'd like to see what people think about this.

-Theyak

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

First as the juggernaut is itself a mount (movement mode) it excludes you from taking any other movement modes. this keeps you from taking the Bezerker glave, daemonic flight, or daemonic speed.
    Also a the juggernaut does not give you daemonic speed read it's entry in the codex again. So for lords & leiutenents it slows you down & prevents you from taking some of the most popular and effective upgrades available to them. It gives a slight discount, but the discount does not justify loosing the other goodies.
    Now on Aspiring champions they're not bad, they're leading squads that are liable to footslog anyway, so the slower speed isn't a problem, and it's the only way for them to get 2 wounds, all in all not a bad deal.
    If you read threads about tooling AC's they'll pop up as an option to consider, but if they show up on a Lord/Lieutentent thread the advice is that they're not a good idea.
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Jormagi beat me to it, but that's because I was adding the Juggernaught to the FAQ thread. But he pretty much covered all the basics.

The Jugger is a bad, bad, bad idea on any HQ choice. HQs rely upon their speed, and Juggers only slow them down.

However, it is a decent choice for Berzerker Champions, if you can afford to give it to them. It gives them a marginal amount of protection against Vindicare assassins and Torrent of Fire checks. However, the price is a bit steep for every Champion to have it. The Juggernaught plus a Powerfist and ToBB will run the Champion 55 points over what he already costs which is not a very good investment.

Oh, and one last thing -

Quote Originally Posted by theyak
    heck put a chainfist on him to make him 146 just in case someone wants to get clever.
    Terminators only, and any Steed precludes the use of Terminator Armour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

I really like them on ACs, but there are two minor problems.

1. The model itself isn't the cheapest in terms of coin.

2. They are a pain in the butt to glue together. (I mean it looks simple, but the parts are so heavy its rough on the bonds. If he falls apart again, I'm going to use two stage epoxy.)

I have only one, and when I field him I spend WAY too many points on him, giving him the AoK, ToBB and a Power Fist as well as the Jugger.

He looks pretty nifty though.

There's an idea which I think someone else might have already have brought up elsewhere, the Chosen squad of all ACs, all on Juggernaughts.

WAY too many points.

But still, it would be pretty sweet.
    Last edited by Grey; March 22nd, 2006 at 03:31.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are even more nasty in a Chaos Horde army, leading a squad of 30 mutants
    Karnov let all of us fulfil our repressed dreams of being a fat Russian man running around in the great outdoors and getting shot at by weird stone heads and crap. You didn't have a repressed fantasy about doing such marvelous things? Well, I don't believe you . . . [djpretzel]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's how I use my juggies - in a chosen squad, They are uber - nasty when backed up by bikers and bloodletters and flesh hounds. Now they cost over 500 points as a squad of chosen ( including lord on jgg ) so its a big point sink that need to do some damage. But with cavalry rules you get to attack turn two if you make it down table and by then letters and bikers and hounds are doing their nasty as well. I do not think they are that slow - slower then flight or speed maybe but a lot better then footslogging.

Juggies are just good fluff - I might not take them to a tournament but I always use them in friendlies - after all the work I have to use them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by bebe
    But with cavalry rules you get to attack turn two if you make it down table and by then letters and bikers and hounds are doing their nasty as well. I do not think they are that slow - slower then flight or speed maybe but a lot better then footslogging.
    They are foot slogging. Trust me. Khorne Juggernaughts give no bonus to movement speeds at all.

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

They count as cavalry, 12" charge. Its a steed. Fleet of Foot? Hello? They can almost move farther that using D. Flight.
    Last edited by LictorInTheGrass; March 22nd, 2006 at 06:46.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by LictorInTheGrass
    They count as cavalry, 12" charge. Its a steed. Fleet of Foot? Hello? They can almost move farther that using D. Flight.

UG.

It is indeed a steed, but it does not confer the cavalry bonus anywhere in the juggernaught description.

Unlike things like the steed of Slannesh which do contain the words: Daemonic Speed in their desc.

Believe me, I wish Juggers were fast, I really do.

But they aren't.
    Last edited by Grey; March 22nd, 2006 at 06:50.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

Okay, I suppose I am wrong. This annoys me. What is the point of half the stuff GW makes? REALLY! Come I thought they play tested this.
    Last edited by LictorInTheGrass; March 22nd, 2006 at 15:58.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast