Librarium Online Forums banner

ok is this squad legal?

573 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  MindRaked 
#1 ·
I have looked through like all the books and FAQs. a player in my campaign is doing this and I am attempting to validate his list. he is plaing a "Lost and the damned" army with alpha legion allies

Raptor Squad-
Aspiring champion w/ power weapon,
3 w/ flamers,
4 normal raptors.
All have furious charge, infiltrate, and Mark of Chaos undivided

now Army builder totally coughs on this because of the additional skills since there is also a mark present, but he says he can have it because of the FAQ for eye of terror. So far I have not read any rule at all that allows a unit to take more then one veteran skill if it has a mark, alpha legion or not but I don't want to be totally unfair without having more information available.

chaos gurus feel free to help out.

#2 · (Edited)
I wouldn't let him play this withtout him producing a FAQ with the 'chapter approved" watermark on it. Sounds like orc mischeif to me.

- I also stand corrected - since it didn't say the Raptors were specifically AL (even though it did above them in the post) I assumed that they were not AL affiliated. My mistake.

Good call Cal.

#3 ·
If you have a mark, even undivided, aren't you limited to one veteran skill per squad? Or is that just god specific marks?

I know unmarked squads can have up to 3.

#5 ·
It is legal. Alpha Legion has a special rule that the Infiltration Veteran Skill does not count against their maximum amount of skills if they have a Mark of Chaos. It makes their Raptor squads extremely deadly, as I'm sure you've probably figured out.

Since LaTD lists can make use of the bonuses of their allies, any CSM units can take advantage of this rule. And he's limited to only one of these units, since they'll count as his Elites choice.

#7 ·
Well, the first place you'll want to look is the Eye of Terror FAQ, found here.

In that publication is a reference to Traitor Legion allies. It'll mention that all special rules for that legion apply to all of the CSM units.

Next thing you'll need is the copy of the Chaos Codex. Page 40 has the rules for Alpha Legion.

Sorry I can't give you printouts, as that breaks forum rules, but I can at least tell you where to find the information for yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.