Pimp da Lord! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pimp da Lord!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pimp da Lord!

Please let me know how you think this dude would do in 1500 points. I appreciate he is expensive but I am looking for a monster - I have always used cheapo HQ's.

He will be used with 3 squads inf. noise marines, 2 sqd demonettes, 1 sqd havoks, 2 sqds 1000 sons (see me slaaneh/tzeench fluff and army list if you want more detail).

Slaanesh Lord
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Stature
    Flight
    Essence
    Visage
    Resilience
    Strength
    Combat Drugs
    Spiky Bits
    Sorceror
    Wind of chaos
    2xCCW*

Total 212

* please see http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...iple-ccws.html (Multiple CCWs) to discuss if this is OK. Surely I can give him 2 knive ffs!

Any comments welcome thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Your Lord looks decent, although I prefer D. Speed over D Flight. With D. Flight, you have a 18" charge range, but with speed you have a 24" charge range.

Some of the gifts on your Lord are just 'extras', and aren't neccesary, but if you really don't care about it being too expensive, then you could just leave it.

Cheers!
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

I really wouldn't go with Essence. Mutation would be a better buy, IMO. I'd also think about taking Furious Charge for him. If you position correctly, you can get a charge on a Chaplain and instant kill him before he ever gets a chance to strike back.

Also, drop Wind of Chaos on him. On a model with a short charge range, you'll find that your opponent will remove models inside the 6 inch charge range of your Lord, leaving him stranded out in the open.

Some good choices are Doombolt for a little bit of ranged, but not enough to cost you a Charge, or Gift of Chaos for sniping models, but the Spawn can slow you down if it doesn't die promptly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

My 140 point archite would pwn him, and chaplains will probably be able to do that also. Why you might ask? Invulnerable saves! Give your prince a dread axe, and watch as all the enemy HQs sent to kill your lord will fail horribly. Seriously that deamon weapon is like the best thing you chaos suses have avaliable. Use it.

Senior Member Soviet_Tau_Commander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do realise that a Krack missile will insta kill him, right? The +1 T from Stature is not added to your instant death threshold.

IMO: He's a waste of points that will just die quickly.

But you've got a good concept. Drop stature, give him a power weapon instead then hide him in a squad.
    There once was a Lord named Vlad,
    Who's fighting skillz really were mad.
    He killed and he maimed,
    He spilled blood in Khorne's name.
    And the fact that he's legal makes me glad
    (special thanks to Uriel Zarium for the last line/touching it up)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

No, the stature bonus is included, It would take a weapon strength of 10 to instagib a statured lord. the bonus confered by resiliance, bikes, or steeds is the one not included in the insta kill calculations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andusciassus
    there is a difference in a well educated kick and an amateur one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Don't listen to Tau, they don't want Chaos to be strong. The +1T from Stature is a real +1, not (+0)+1. Only S10 weaponry can instakill a Statured Lord.
    Otherwise, I agree with Caluin. A high S high I Lord is what Slaaneshi Lord is about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice guys.

Can I check about the dread axe though:

I know it ignores inv. saves and the guy ignores basic saves because he is a monstrous creature. Can he ignore both if he strikes with the axe? I would think not because you can only use 1 special attack at a time (i.e. either ignore inv 4+ on chaplain or the standard 3+, not both).

Regarding essence - I think that the extra wound is needed due to the ridiculous pointage of the guy. With the drugs that let me ignore first unsaved wound each round and instakill only with str 10 it seems like 4 wounds will last a very long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

You can only get one special ability from a weapon at a time, but as a statured lord is an MC, he ignores normal armor saves per default, and can use the special ability of the dread axe freely, which means that the enemy will get no saves at all! Yay!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

I want to second (or third?) Caluin on this:

Buy furious charge as well if you're already buying the farm.

It doesn't count against your wargear total and it puts you near the top of initiative when you charge, only beaten out by the Dark Eldar (with their own version of combat drugs) and maybe the broodlord.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast