Am I missing something..... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I missing something.....

Am I missing something or is this unit legal.

Chaos Bikers x 4 (All MoK)
    Asp. Champ w/ Bolt Pistol, Power Fist, Daemonic Mutation, Chaos Hounds x 4

Unit size is 8 with 4 hounds (fluff purposes only). Bikers are 3 attacks (4 on charge). Champ is at 6 attacks (3 + Dual Wield + Mutation + MoK) 7 on the charge. And then hounds at 2 attacks (3 on the charge).

I can’t figure it out but that champ just seems way to nasty to be legal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Models on a Bike can't claim the two weapon bonus.

The hounds count against Wargear limits. So you're over the points cap by eight points. Will have to drop a Hound to make it legal.

But other than those things, yeah it look plenty legal. If you freed up some more points by dropping Hounds, you could also give Spiky Bits and Mastercrafting to give essentially two more attacks to the Champion.
    Last edited by Caluin; March 28th, 2006 at 18:32.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Unless i am grossly mistaken the restriction against additional close combat weapons is not mentioned in the new wargear book. If that book holds any authority is a different issue though...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ArchonAstaroth
    Unless i am grossly mistaken the restriction against additional close combat weapons is not mentioned in the new wargear book. If that book holds any authority is a different issue though...
    It is indeed mentioned in the Wargear book. Perhaps you're looking at the Space Marine Bike entry? There's a seperate entry for Chaos Space Marine Bike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard something about this. Apparently SM bikers don't need to steer- they can get the dual weapon bonus.
    *In My Mind*

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhh my bad. I run a Ravenwing army and yes under 4th edition we do not have to hold onto the bike in CC. So we do get the bonus for additonal weapon. Did not realize to even check to see if the old chaos codex had the rule that restricts dual wielding. But 5 attacks 6 on the charge is still nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tunisia
    I heard something about this. Apparently SM bikers don't need to steer- they can get the dual weapon bonus.
    This is true. However, while it looks at first glance like a disdvantage to the Chaos Bikers, it actually benefits us more than it does the Space Marines. Chaos Bikes automatically give a +1 attack bonus so it evens out when it comes to characters on bikes. However, when it comes down to normal Bikers, Space Marine bikers can't have two one handed weapons (check their unit entry - you'll see they're not armed with any weapons beyond the bike's), whereas Chaos Bikers can still claim the inherent bonus of the Bike.

Short story - Chaos Bikers are better than Space Marines.

Senior Member Soviet_Tau_Commander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are however, I believe (don't have my codexes on me to verify), more expensive then the SM bikes. It's worth it though.
    There once was a Lord named Vlad,
    Who's fighting skillz really were mad.
    He killed and he maimed,
    He spilled blood in Khorne's name.
    And the fact that he's legal makes me glad
    (special thanks to Uriel Zarium for the last line/touching it up)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Soviet_Tau_Commander
    They are however, I believe (don't have my codexes on me to verify), more expensive then the SM bikes. It's worth it though.
    The standard Chaos Bikers are only a mere two points more expensive. Defenitely worth the +1 attack, and extra leadership bonus (though that's mitigated since the Space Marines have ATSKNF)

The Champions/Sergeants cost exactly the same before upgrades, and since the Space Marine will have to buy atleast two weapons in order to claim the +1 attack bonus, the edge goes to the Chaos Marines.

Senior Member Soviet_Tau_Commander's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However, the SM bikes make good Daemon Prince roller skates. The Chaos ones are just too wide. But that's getting off topic. ;-) (Yes, I am bored. It get boring being the first one to finish assignments in class now that the server blocks all the web comics I use to read during my dead time. But enough of my rambling. Back on topic.)

But I think, overall, Bikes are generaly too expensive.
    There once was a Lord named Vlad,
    Who's fighting skillz really were mad.
    He killed and he maimed,
    He spilled blood in Khorne's name.
    And the fact that he's legal makes me glad
    (special thanks to Uriel Zarium for the last line/touching it up)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast