SM vehicule question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SM vehicule question

SM have lot of vehicule CSM don't have, can CSM use the space marines vehicule(land speeder, whirlwind, vindicator, etc) ?
    using the SM stats but you can upgrade it with chaos upg and mark.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if its not in the chaos codex, No. Remember the SM strength is the armor save and the huge variations of armaments and wargear, CSM's make up for that in powers and demon stuff.

-I'm not surrounded, I'm merely in a target rich enviroment..-
    LO paint log
    Recent Stuff

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

It is true as stated before me, BUT if it's OK with your friends you could use the Vehicle Design Rules (VDR). They were printed in a Chapter Approved a couple of years back.
    With them you can make nearly any vehicle to use in nearly any army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

VDR's are usually a little more expensive than the standard vehicle. Ahh... maybe I should just start using Razorbacks in my EC army for friendly games. With twin-linked blast masters. And a LRC with 6 twin-linked sonic blasters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

urbanknight, Andusciassus, grimmtu, and idinos all gave you the answer but I dont see any reason why. So I'll just go ahead and give that reason since it does help explain why chaos marines do not have certain vehicles that normal marines do have.

The answer being that the chaos marines are the 10000 year old original marines of the great crusade. The same ones who fought alongside Horus against the emperor in the heresy. Back then the STC's for certain equipement had not been discovered at the time. Over the course of the next 10000 years the STC's for land speeders and vindicators, to name just two, were discovered and the BT's pioneered the creation of the land raider crusader prior to its acceptance by the adeptus mechanicus.

Simply put, chaos do not have some of the vehicles that normal marines have because they only have the wargear and vehicles of the pre-heresy time period. Well, IW can get the vindi since they remain the only legion that will scavange good killing machines...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

+ Reply to Thread