Tzeench question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tzeench question

hello, i was just wondering about the rule on how the models with rubric signs are slow and how they never recieve a +1 attack for charging and how they strike at initiative 1 in close combat

I hear something like this wasn't true and i wanted to get this clarified on what this all means to be honest, also when someone says a model with a rubric sign are they talking about any model with the mark of tzeench, PLEASE HELP!!!!!

THANKS!!!!:yes: :yes:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rubric marines or model with Rubric signs are the Thousand Sons Marines.

The slow and purposeful rule has changed. Now model with ''slow and purposeful'' ability can make sweep advance, they now attack as normal initiative and have normal attack number, i think thats it... im not sure about the attack :s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure we don't get the extra attack, though I might be overridden by a senior player.

I just figure, we are always stationary, so it is just like we were already in the fight.

I hope I'm wrong though

-Centum
    You Can't Stop the Eighp

Had Tzeentch before I knew how to play :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Centum
    I'm pretty sure we don't get the extra attack, though I might be overridden by a senior player.

I just figure, we are always stationary, so it is just like we were already in the fight.

I hope I'm wrong though

-Centum
    you are correct, you dont recieve +1 attack for charges BUT your AC do!! also you count as always being stationary so you can also SHOOT (even rapid fire ) AND charge enemy! which is deadly to say the least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Slow and Purposeful rule in codex chaos has been replaced by the univeral special rule of the same name in the main rule book.

If people don't believe you then you can show them the main rule book where it says something like "these rules replace any previously published rules of the same name".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive done that once

1. be sure your enemy cant charge you but u are near enough so you can charge him next turn, move near enemy squad, rapid-fire shot, charge, kill.
    Last edited by magicaltux; April 1st, 2006 at 05:23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by magicaltux
    ive done that alone

1. be sure your enemy cant charbut but u are near him, move near, rapid-fire shot, charge, own.
    You what? Does that even make sense?

The comments about slow and purposeful are right- it clearly states in the BBB what the new s&p rules are. On a similar not, are there any other units that have this ability? I haven't seen the new SMurf codex so terminators might do. But probably not.
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by monsieurcartier
    The comments about slow and purposeful are right- it clearly states in the BBB what the new s&p rules are. On a similar not, are there any other units that have this ability? I haven't seen the new SMurf codex so terminators might do. But probably not.
    The new Tau Battlesuits have the option to have it, most notably on Broadsides. Also, Obliterators have Slow and Purposeful. LaTD Plague Zombie as well, though it doesn't help them - only hurts. Smurf Terminators don't have it. They just have Terminator armour like ours, which allows them to move and shoot.

Although it doesn't come up often, remember that the Champion of a Rubric squad doesn't suffer from Slow and Purposeful. So if you give him a Rapid Fire weapon and he shoots it, they won't be able to charge, nor can he fire out to full range if he moves. Of course, since they almost always have Bolt of Change anyways, it's not like this is a huge detriment.

Quote Originally Posted by magicaltux
    ive done that alone

1. be sure your enemy cant charbut but u are near him, move near, rapid-fire shot, charge, own.
    I've let you slide before because you've always had good things to add to discussions, but this post bothers me. I'd really like you to look over our rules and look up rule #8. It talks about the use of netspeak and use of proper spelling and grammar. This post is near unintelligable. Take a little more time and try to communicate properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks guys and umm where exactly can i find all this information???????? about the new erratas on the rules

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by 7th_sign_soulja
    ok thanks guys and umm where exactly can i find all this information???????? about the new erratas on the rules
    Have you tried the rulebook? It is far more than Erratas, it is actually a complete new book, this new Slow and Purposful is but one of the many rules.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast