Defiler Weapons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defiler Weapons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defiler Weapons

I've been contemplating this for a long time; what weapons should i atach to my defiler?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most people go with the standart set up considering the Defiler is so expensive anyways and will be firing it's battle cannon 99% of the time. The standard autocannon and flamer it comes with also offer weapons with a good variety of ranges if you do have to fire them. Upgrading to indirect fire is a must unless you plan on having it in the open (not recommended) in which case go with mutated hull instead.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

I've actually found the Havoc Missile upgrade to be worth the points, since I always used my Defiler for direct fire, rather than indirect support. That way, when (not if, WHEN) the Battlecannon was blown off, I could still take out troops and light vehicles alike. *shrugs* It worked for me, but I doubt anyone will agree with me here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I agree with the havoc launcher...although...mine got added to the defiler before I know how to play and I picked it because it looks cool...so...I probably wouldn't have ever tried it otherwise, but it really does work nice. Expecially if troops are getting close and you don't want to risk the ordnance scattering on ya...boy...that sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

Personally, I just tkae the standard lay-out of weapons, but I add Indirect Fire. I just stick it behind some terrain, and fire away.

Cheers!
    Ben

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seeing as how the defiler is expencive to begin with I usually just take the flamer and auto cannon. I use it mainly for the battle cannon the only time i use the others is when the cannon gets destroyed. I'd take indirect if your playing on a board 6x4 or bigger (setting up length wise because of the minimum range).However the Havoc launcher is usually worth the pts. depending on who your faceing usually if im playing against a hord army(orks and tryanids)or a low armoured infantry army (such as a infantry baced IG army) then i'll take it but i'v tryed it against armys like sm,wh,and dh and they just saved any wounds it inflicted so it was next to useless. But i find the defiler with the bace wepons the most efective if your not sure who you will be playing against. Hope this helped.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I love the standard weapons. The Indirect fire Battle Cannon is great for long distance, the combo H. Flamer and Reaper is great against thing that comes up fast to blow it up...that's ScoutBikers I'm talking about. And teh Reaper can have an Anti-Aircraft mount, good against flyers if you play against such and it excells against AV10 skimmers, 2 rerollable S7 is wonderful.
    And if I might...it's not so expensive in my oppinion, though I like to play with upgraded Dreads and Thousand Sons...I might have a twisted points-economy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

I'm a firm believer that the Defiler shouldn't upgrade it's weapons. You buy a Defiler for the Battle Cannon, not for it's amazing Reaper Autocannon or the Havoc Launcher.

The Autocannon and Heavy Flamer are nice default weaponry as Andusciassus mentioned.

The Havoc Launcher really doesn't complement the Defiler, as it's a long range weapon with poor AP value. The Battle Cannon is pretty much superior in every fashion, and you can't fire both. If it didn't replace the Heavy Flamer I'd be all for it, but I find the Flamer preferable when things start closing in on the Defiler. Not only is the strength higher and the AP much better, but it doesn't miss and can usually hit the same amount of models as the launcher would have.

Living Vehicle is trash.

The TLLC isn't worth the extra points to pay for it. If you want a TLLC, take a Predator. Not only is it cheaper, but you can mount more Lascannons on it as well if you wish.

The Heavy Bolter option I don't find so horrible, however. I find that to be a matter of preference - the Autocannon is better for when Skimmers try taking out the Defiler, but the Heavy Bolter works better against fast units like Scout Bikers, Flying Warriors and similar things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've found that the havoc launcher is not a abd upgrade at all, and seems more logical for me then the heavy flamer. The general concpet is that if you take indirect fire (as most people do), all you will be using is the battle cannon, so don't bother upgrading the weapons. However, some players (myself included) like to use their defielr quite offensively, and so the havoc launcher works well. It provides a lot hits at times, and is perfect for using with the autocannon. You don;t really want to use the battle cannon all the time if your on the move, so sometimes the autocannon/havoc launcher combo is more efficient. I find the heavy flamer requires you to be close to the opponent, which most people often arent with defilers, and even if they are, I find that the havoc launchers range, amount of hits and compatability with its other weapon make up for the lack of strength and AP.

I'm also not too sure, but how you play your defiler could very well depend on which legion you are playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanx guys good advice i usually just get ignored on these boards as there is more people needing help than ppl supplying it thanx.Peace out!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast