WE Vs. 'Nids - Can I win??? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Pomogromogranite! Aether-Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

    WE Vs. 'Nids - Can I win???

    Hey,I know I posted another thread about WE tactics, but I am having trouble with 'Nids, and was wondering if anyone could offer some pointers. Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x0)

    the trick with nids is shoot, shoot, shoot, and shoot. dont be shy to pile up on everything that can shoot a lot of lower ap shots at your opponent, now i know you may be thinking of carnifex's or hive tyrants. adding a lascannon or rocket launcher to each squad would help significantly against them. tyranids rely, usually, on numbers. these numbers are usually enemies that have to get close to you to hurt you. this means that you need something that will shoot the hell out of them before they can get to you. heavy bolters are going to be a god against most tyranids. dont be afraid to take a predator or dreadnought, but dont load up on too many heavy things. you just need your heavy things (sometimes) to take out they're few heavy things. now never, ever, ever assault tyranids. this is just a bad idea. thought i will always keep one model that could fend off the tyranids if they did get to close for comfort. as you will be able to save many of the attacks they throw at you i would recommend throwing a power weapon aspiring champion in each squad, just to give the squad a little bit of a shock back to the wave that may be hitting it. this will usually hold off untill you can get something over there that can really do some damage in close combat. "terminators, possessed, dreadnoughts (on bloodrage of course)" yet of all those, the most important thing to realize is your oponents weakness's. look at his army, look for a weakness in balance. does he have too much heavy and too little swarming capabilities, too little armor penetrating abilities. picking apart your opponents flaws is the key to any tactical mastery. :ninja:

  4. #3
    Member SamuelEastridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    49
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    omg man a world eaters army doesnt shoot they assault. They frenzy out.... Durrrrr. hmmm tyrandis will outnumber you. the basic gaunt squad should take heavy losses if there not enahnced with bio morphs or whatever from a beserker squad. try to stay away from theg ene stealers cause of course rending and int 6. take a defiler of course for yummy ordnace and dreadnoughts for the bigguns. other than that good luck with nids as for me there hard to beat

  5. #4
    Pomogromogranite! Aether-Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

    Quote Originally Posted by cyanide
    the trick with nids is shoot, shoot, shoot, and shoot. dont be shy to pile up on everything that can shoot a lot of lower ap shots at your opponent, now i know you may be thinking of carnifex's or hive tyrants. adding a lascannon or rocket launcher to each squad would help significantly against them. tyranids rely, usually, on numbers. these numbers are usually enemies that have to get close to you to hurt you. this means that you need something that will shoot the hell out of them before they can get to you. heavy bolters are going to be a god against most tyranids. dont be afraid to take a predator or dreadnought, but dont load up on too many heavy things. you just need your heavy things (sometimes) to take out they're few heavy things. now never, ever, ever assault tyranids. this is just a bad idea. thought i will always keep one model that could fend off the tyranids if they did get to close for comfort. as you will be able to save many of the attacks they throw at you i would recommend throwing a power weapon aspiring champion in each squad, just to give the squad a little bit of a shock back to the wave that may be hitting it. this will usually hold off untill you can get something over there that can really do some damage in close combat. "terminators, possessed, dreadnoughts (on bloodrage of course)" yet of all those, the most important thing to realize is your oponents weakness's. look at his army, look for a weakness in balance. does he have too much heavy and too little swarming capabilities, too little armor penetrating abilities. picking apart your opponents flaws is the key to any tactical mastery. :ninja:
    Wow. You must have obviously NOT read the title of this thread. O rjust have NO IDEA WHATSOEVER what World Eaters are. They are Assaulty. VERY assaulty. And they can't shoot for jack****. They also cannot add rocketlauinchers or any other fancy crap to their squads. Thanks fo rthe advice, but it was utterly useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

  6. #5
    Senior Member JORMAGI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    886
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

    There was a thread about this about a month back. I'm not a WE player, but perhaps their advice can help:
    Here.
    and an interesting tactic that worked for this player:
    Here.
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

    Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

  7. #6
    Pomogromogranite! Aether-Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

    Thanks a ton man, the second one is Great.

    EDIT: I came up with an anti-Nid list. Here it is:

    HQ - 124
    1 - Chaos Lord [Mark of Khorne, Daemonic Mutation, Daemonic Strength, Spiky Bits, Frag Grenades, Power Weapon, Bolt Pistol, Feel No Pain]

    Troops - 995
    8 - Khorne Berserkers [1x Aspiring Champion with Daemonic Strength, Bolt Pistol and Power Fist; Chaos Icon, Frag Grenades, Counter-Attack]
    8 - Khorne Berserkers [1x Aspiring Champion with Daemonic Strength, Bolt Pistol and Power Fist; Chaos Icon, Frag Grenades, Counter-Attack]
    8 - Khorne Berserkers [1x Aspiring Champion with Daemonic Strength, Bolt Pistol and Power Fist; Chaos Icon, Frag Grenades, Counter-Attack]
    8 - Bloodletters
    1 – Rhino [Destroyer]
    1 – Rhino [Destroyer]
    1 – Rhino [Destroyer]

    Heavy Support – 330
    1 - Chaos Predator [Turret mounted Twin-linked Autocannon, Twin-linked Heavy Bolter Side Sponsons, Havoc Launchger, Pintle Mounted Combi-Bolter Destroyer, Extra Armor]
    1 - Chaos Predator [Turret mounted Twin-linked Autocannon, Twin-linked Heavy Bolter Side Sponsons, Havoc Launchger, Pintle Mounted Combi-Bolter Destroyer, Extra Armor]

    Total: 1497


    What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Aether-Moose; April 17th, 2006 at 07:03.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

  8. #7
    Member skizzik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    124
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    -2 (x0)

    Living Vehicle on the Rhinos not seems to be a good buy, as when you will Tank Shock, it will quite likely move over 6". Anyway, it can only kill 1.3 Gaunt per turn.

    I cant really understand your Dreadnoughts....Destroyer works differently for Walkers, and it will be quite likely penetrated a "few" times, before it could even swing with its DCCW. (Against Rending nids and Hive Tyrant.)

    Take the good advice on using Predators with Autocannon Turret, Heavy Bolter Sponsons and Havoc Launcher, possibly giving it Destroyer, too. Also giving it Extra Armour, it still goes for a reasonable 165 pts.

  9. #8
    Happy trails Adeptjosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CT, USA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    621
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

    I really don't know if we can win Vs. the hive mind but check out this link to one of my older post (2K WE friendlyVS. nids need advice)here this sums up most of my tactical expertise on the issue

    Thought for the day: A Burning Heretic , Will brighten the Decor of any room.

  10. #9
    Pomogromogranite! Aether-Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,142
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

    Quote Originally Posted by skizzik
    Living Vehicle on the Rhinos not seems to be a good buy, as when you will Tank Shock, it will quite likely move over 6". Anyway, it can only kill 1.3 Gaunt per turn.

    I cant really understand your Dreadnoughts....Destroyer works differently for Walkers, and it will be quite likely penetrated a "few" times, before it could even swing with its DCCW. (Against Rending nids and Hive Tyrant.)

    Take the good advice on using Predators with Autocannon Turret, Heavy Bolter Sponsons and Havoc Launcher, possibly giving it Destroyer, too. Also giving it Extra Armour, it still goes for a reasonable 165 pts.
    Uh....Thanks. I take the Lving Vehicles ff the Rhinos, and trash the Dreads for Preds. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

  11. #10
    Now with STFU flames! Caluin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    5,917
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

    Have you considered the option of moving away from World Eaters and going with a Khorne themed Black Legion list? You lose the fluff, the bonus to summoning rolls and the free champions, but it opens up a large amount of options for you - the best of which are Oblits.

    The Predators are a good choice.

    I have some issues with your points costs that you have listed for your Troops. By my math, they shold be coming out to around 1120 points - not the 1066 you have listed. Hrm, that's 18 points per squad short.... what didn't you count.... did you give the entire unit Counter-Charge, or just the Champion? Did you make sure to pay for the Champion's axes even if they're replacing them with a Powerfist?

    Now that I look closer, what's with the Lord? Not only is he ten points short, he doesn't have a weapon?


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts