Tzeentch Bikers? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tzeentch Bikers?

Can you have them? How does slow and purposeful work with them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

They dont. CSM Codex, page 38. The table there is quite, quite clear.

Thread locked.
    "It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

Reopened after being told of a method. Highly suspect in this gamer's view, however.
    "It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Phobos
    Reopened after being told of a method. Highly suspect in this gamer's view, however.
    Asked Phobos what this method was, and he mentioned Chosen on Bikes. That is one possible way to do it, but it would require you to make every one of them a Champion and purchase the bike from the armoury, which would mean each model being roughly 50 to 60 points apiece, before buying any powers for them. Far too expensive to be considerable.

But since Chosen with the Mark of Tzeentch don't get Slow and Purposeful, the answer to the second part of your question is - "It doesn't."

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Well, they are expensive beyond pointeconomical defence, but there is however the "I like the look of them and they are fun to use"-theory as well as the efficiency that we often preach.
    though I wouldn't use them in anyything but a gazillion-points game, they are however an option. So if you are dying to get some bikers in your army you could. Wheter or not you should is entierly up to you.

If you will field bikers in an in all other respects pure TS-army you should however subtract the lost "free champs"-points from the sum of the bikers...details but still.
    (If you field five sacred units of sons in your army five chosen bikers would be but ten more points each then five unmarked ones.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Errr.... Chosen on bikes sounds cool, but like some of the other posters i don't think that they are viable for their points except in a gazillion points game.

I was talking about generic bikers and I had read everywhere in the codex up to that page with the chart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've toyed with putting the lord on a bike. Get the extra T and A without becoming a demon prince. It is pretty much the same as the disc of T for the same point cost. You get a turbo boost. Five Champs on bike with minimal load out is 500 pts. Not counting the lord. I think it would be a waste of money for the chance to do it once.
    Lord on a bike does not seem like a bad thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The bad thing about bikes is that the model always needs a hand free to use the bike, thus in the end limiting your total attacks.

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

746 (x8)

The bad thing about bikes is that the model always needs a hand free to use the bike, thus in the end limiting your total attacks.
    If you read the Bike-entry in the Codex, you'll see how this not need to be the case.
    I'm not defending Tzeentchian Chosen Bikers, but they'll be quite descent in CC, not per points, but per model...

+ Reply to Thread