Dark Apostle color scheme - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Dark Apostle color scheme

As dark apostles are ex-chaplains I was wondering what color is there armor? I have seen it as black and I have seen it as red, I was thinking black with the armor edges highlighted in red (this is on an apostle in termi armor). What do u guys think?

Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

I think that would look really cool. It might give the "Evil Warlord" feel, If you know what I mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

Since they are ex-chaplains, black should be the predominant colour rather than crimson. Probably both shoulder pads as the same colour as your regular troopers, with more intricate detailing (gold bits etc) to make him stand out.
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

Yes they are ex-chaplains but that dosent mean that follow the loyals. After the heresy the colour changed(Word Bearers basic colour is Red Gore). I will suggest you to paint the Red Gore with highlighted the edge of the armor and the connections with Bleached Bone and maybe Shinning Gold(Simple Gold colour).
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Nagato has it down..

However, I believe the pre heresy world eaters colour scheme in general was black.. A lot of chaos players do use the pre heresy colour schemes, so there's nothing to stop you painting most of your army black if you wanted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis
    Nagato has it down..

However, I believe the pre heresy world eaters colour scheme in general was black..
    Yes indeed, but World Eaters have nothing to do with Dark Apostles and of course the colour scheme of Word Bearers.
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a cool idea. I like painting my chaos in preheresy colors. The problem with it is, a large majority of the chapters colors were black. Oh how fun, NOT. BTW World Eaters pre heresy color was actually White, believe it or not. Read some fluff recently on them, and the chapter was almost the complete opposite of what it is now.

Can you only use a dark apostle in a Word Bearer army? I'm modeling a Fallen Angels Chaplain now, and didn't realize that chaos actually had something that is "officially" a former chaplain. Do they get any really cool things like the SM chaplains?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman
    Can you only use a dark apostle in a Word Bearer army? I'm modeling a Fallen Angels Chaplain now, and didn't realize that chaos actually had something that is "officially" a former chaplain.
    Correct - only Word Bearers. All the other Traitor legions put their Chaplains to death because of their unwavering loyalty to the Emperor. The Word Bearer Chaplains were saved because they were communing with Chaos long before the Heresy and had already turned away from the Imperium.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman
    Do they get any really cool things like the SM chaplains?
    They have access to a sub-par ability that functions similar to (but not exactly like) Fearless, and they have access to a pretty nifty but expensive Daemon Weapon.

+ Reply to Thread