Chosen bikers as havocs? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Chosen bikers as havocs?

Now, I just came to think about this as I was discussing the possibility of Chosen Tzeentch Bikers, but this has nothing to do with Tzeentch.
    Would it be worth it to field a unit of Chosen (unmarked or undivided) Champs on bikes to use as a very mobile Havoc-squad?
    They would be a bit expensive, but they could also field numerous Plasma guns or Melta guns, and have one guy dressed up for CC.
    I imagine they could wreck quite some havoc among tanks and even MEQs, but would they be to fragile/ expensive?
    What do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

COuld be an interesting concept, a highly mobile unit of tank killers would be a daunting prospect for most opponents however be carful about putting all your eggs in one basket.

and que caluin cos i know your going to reply soon lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

But if you use normal havocs you can infiltrate them meaning they are MORE maneuverable than the bikers. Give infiltrating havocs plasma/melta and they will be able to walk in range 1st turn. Bikes will need to turbo-boost so they might get shot up. Also thats 67 points for a plasma/melta chosen biker and you would need a squad of nine (more than 500 points!) to make them more effective than an ordinary bike squad.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by LordLink
    you would need a squad of nine (more than 500 points!) to make them more effective than an ordinary bike squad.
    If you are talking about how many plasmas/meltas one can field in a unit, remember that every bike chosen from the armoury will be possible to upgrade, not every third.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it or can they take armoury choices? im sure its every third.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

746 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by DP Excerion
    is it or can they take armoury choices? im sure its every third.
    I am talking about Chosen Aspiring Champions who have bought their bikes as wargear from the armoury. Ineed if they were footslogging-power-armoured-non-champion-chosen it would be every third, but this is not the case.
    teh upgrade I'm talking about is in the entry for Chaos Space Marine Bike in the armoury, nothing else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

I think a raptor squad with infiltrate will have a very similar effect and be much cheaper, plus have the hit and run rule going for them. They will still be cheaper and can still field 3 melta/plas.

Both options are expensive and could lose you a lot of points if mishandled, making it a very questionable option in my mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x3)

The bike taken out of the armory may be upgraded to a flamer, melta gun or a plasma gun. Its expensive though.

Page 16 of the CSM Codex

5 CSM chosen, 5 upgrades to aspring champions, buying 5 CSM bikes upgraded to plasma guns.

Comes to 285 points I believe which is a heck of a lot of points to be spending on 5 guys who, as they are tooled for shooting, will be able to be shot at by heavy weapons.

Honestly, Chosen upgraded to champs should be in hth ASAP.

That squad can all be armed with power weapons instead of the plasma guns for the same points and would be much more deadly.

While you can make the squad, and it might be fun, I think that you'd be better off spending your points otherwise.

I guess you go whole hog and spend more points to make them useful in hth as well as shooting. They'd be that much bigger of a target though.

If you were doing this to just get more special weapons in a biker squad, I'd take a regular bike squad of three or more guys, buy the two special weapons from the squad and upgrade the unit champ for another.

That's three which isn't bad and for a lot less points.

Or wait, I guess you'd have to buy his CSM bike out of the armoury as well which wouldn't be cheap as he already has the cost for the bike he gets as part of the squad factored in.

Ug.

Too bad they don't stack. (Ie: the +1 Toughness and attack from the armoury bike with his own regular bike.)

You could model the champ as riding an attack bike.

Never mind.
    Last edited by Grey; April 24th, 2006 at 17:09.
    "No one has a monopoly on wisdom."-S.W.G.

Fluff Master Clan initiate.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."-A.E.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves."-C.

New 40K missions here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that the unit should seek hand to hand. You could upgrade one to a sorcerer and give him wind and hand out some lightning claws. I think such a unit would be very effective in combat but expensive. If you wanted to be really rediculus you could upgrate half with deamon armor and majority armor would give you a 2+ invulnerable save when turbobosted. Who would even bother shooting at that? Or get some hounds to add wounds to the unit. Also since you play tzeentch you could try this and potentialy get many winds of chaos on the charge. It is only 30pts more a model :p.
    Last edited by Grim Psyker; April 25th, 2006 at 03:03.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

when taking a normal bike squad the champion can still take a combi-melta dont forget. You dont need to take another bike for him.:lol:
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast