NEED!!! Ideas LATD City Fight list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NEED!!! Ideas LATD City Fight list

I just need Ideas for a Lost and the Damned City fight list. I would really like to use a huge majority of Imperial Guard stuff such as Hellhounds Rough riders and Basilisks.

The Predator Lingers forth. Suddenly the sound of several wipping sounds can be heard far off into the distance, a second later the once mighty Predator ignited with flames. "Sir what was that" The srgt replied "Its those damn Broadsides"

Hear the wip, fear the Broadside.
    Tau 2-2
    Guard 26-45

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

How about two units of maxed out traitors with sniper guns and lascannons,
    2 basilisks,
    1 unit of 30 strong flying mutants,
    Night lords deamon prince who flys,
    a unit of raptors,
    2 units of furies,
    a unit of flying possessed,

or something like that?
    just about everything can basically ignore difficult terrain and the traitors can infiltrate.
    the basilisks just hide behind cover and shell the snot out of everything.

just a quick whack at it........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

forget the flying possesed, give them talons and mark of khorne instead.

always give RR melta bombs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

In my humble opinion there are going to be two types of units that are going to dominate cityfight. CC units (where the ability to assault into cover being very important, and short range firepower units, expecially units with flamers.

These conditions are right up LatD's alley, they're going to be hard to beat Cityfight. Consider:

Muntants: Mutant squads can take 2 flamers each for dirt cheep, are effective CC units, and come eqqipted with frag gernades standard: sweet package all around. I think it might be advisable to keep the squad sizes down a little though so it'll be easier to manuver them. (In theory you won't need as many per squad anyway as they're going to be harder to get rid of. . )

Traitors: excelent weapon selection, infiltration, frag gernades standard. They're going to be mighty handy killing those hard to reach enemy units.

Hellhounds: this is probaby THE tank to take Cityfight, it's inexpensive, effective, and it ignores cover saves!!! Burninate those cameoline guard out of those bunkers, while still being effective vs powerarmored foes. More and more I'm getting the opinion that the inferno cannon + heavy bolter+ heavy stubber is better than a battlecannon for less points. (In their average kills per game.) In a city fight situation I'm willing to count on this being true.

Daemons as all either close range shooters, or CC units are all going to be good, but there are two that I think will stand out city fight. Bloodletters, and Furies, for different reasons.
    Bloodletters: are not my usual choice of CC daemons (it usually prefer daemonetes) I think they'll be better city fight, cause they're slower and more durable. Daemonettes are shock troops that rely on going first to be effective, but daemons do not have frag gernades, so if they charge into cover they can take big casulties first. Bloodletters suffer the same risk, but have better armor, and therefor don't die as fast to being struck first, also a few powerweapon attack will get more done than a few rending attacks.
    Furies: having the option to attack something quickly is a great boon. Tying up a limited fire lane could be priceless.

Sorcerers: Gift of chaos, wind of chaos are all usefull abilities that I see as potentaily very powerful in a LatD force. First as the fight will tend to be close, these short range powers will come in more handy than usual, also Gift can be used in CC to take out a hiden powerfist ect, and Wind is basicly a flamer that ignores normal saves and cover saves. Both are deadly. (remember you can give your AC's the gift of tzeenitch to turn them into sorcerers so you can have a few of them. . .)

Well that's a few ideas, good things that LatD have at their disposal, but that isn't any suggestions towards an army. well this is what I would take:
    hq's: your personal flavor for one, AC's for the other (as normal for LatD)
    Elites: a unit or two of bloodletters: obiterators, allied marines, another daemon type are all valid uses of the other slots
    Troops: 3 mutant squads, moderate size & 3 smallish traitor squads.
    Fast attack: 1 unit of furies(or allied raptors with infiltrate would be a good alternitive, more expensive but fufills the same purpose and can tank hunt), 2 hellhounds.
    heavy support: basilisk, spawns if you got the points. . .

give your traitors tank busting power, probably lascannons, but I don't think you'll face too many tanks city fight, so you don't need to worry too much about busting tanks, mostly stuff like hellhounds, basilisks, landspeeders and eldar vipers I think.
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shango
    How about two units of maxed out traitors with sniper guns and lascannons,
    2 basilisks,
    1 unit of 30 strong flying mutants,
    Night lords deamon prince who flys,
    a unit of raptors,
    2 units of furies,
    a unit of flying possessed,

or something like that?
    just about everything can basically ignore difficult terrain and the traitors can infiltrate.
    the basilisks just hide behind cover and shell the snot out of everything.

just a quick whack at it........
    Why give the Guard units Sniper Rifles?
    The Predator Lingers forth. Suddenly the sound of several wipping sounds can be heard far off into the distance, a second later the once mighty Predator ignited with flames. "Sir what was that" The srgt replied "Its those damn Broadsides"

Hear the wip, fear the Broadside.
    Tau 2-2
    Guard 26-45

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anti-moral

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

If you're going to use mostly guard-style units, I'd suggest just playing a guard list and painting/converting the models in a chaotic way. Otherwise you're basically hamstringing yourself, forcing yourself to take huge overpriced units of traitors, using a more expensive armoury and seriously limiting your choices. Plus, with guard you'll get to use doctrines.. sweet, sweet doctrines.

Seriously. The guard list can be adequately used to represent traitor guard, genestealer cultists or whatever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm going to craete a traitor guard force and just use docturines as the squads are cheaper and as long as you don't use commisars and the such you should be fine.

+ Reply to Thread