Traitor Guard General - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Traitor Guard General

After fighting with the Imperial Guard and for the Emperor for about a year now the whispers of Chaos have started to go into my old battle hardended ears, it is time for change. During the coming campagin my Imperial forces are going to betray about half way through it and side with Chaos. This should come as a surprise for the many loyal Space Marine and Imperial Guard players at my local hobby store. I was just wondering how I can still use my large number of Imperial Guard, heavy weapons, Balisks and Leman Russ and evil minions like Obliertaors and Raptors. Fall of the False Emperor and Rise of Chaos

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Codex: Armageddon has the rules in it for traitors and Lost and the Damned (basically chaos guard). You'll need that and the chaos codex.

Your army probably won't need any large amount of modding, but a couple of demonic-looking glyphs on tanks, a bit of conversion with the odd guardsman here and there, it should be good.

I'd love to see the GW ppeople's faces when you tell them.
    *In My Mind*

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Yup, sounds like Lost and the Damned are right up your alley. Pick up a copy of Codex: Eye of Terror and join the winning team! Well, maybe we're not winning right now... but we will be! Eventually....

Anyways, LaTD is probably what you need. It allows you to field your IG as Traitors (though they're not quite as good), or you can convert a bunch of them to represent Mutants. It also allows you to take Leman Russ Battle Tanks and Basalisks. Then you can sprinkle in some items from the Chaos Codex, like Oblits and the Raptors as you mentioned, and you have a very nice army to toy around with.

I doubt you'll be dissapointed.

Edit-
    Oops, thanks Mantis.
    Last edited by Caluin; May 1st, 2006 at 00:33.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Just bear in mind that lost and the damned are not guard.. you lose something when you gain something, so to speak.

As Caluin suggested, definately grab a copy of codex eye of terror (not Armaggedon) and read through the rules. If you like them, well, then it's fairly quick and easy to do a snap conversion. Just bear in mind, as I said, the ability to field daemons etc has tradeoffs.

Nothing wrong with just chaosing up your guard.. you could even get some daemons and ask to play with daemonhunters adversary rules, though some opponents might not be vulnerable to that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LATD traitors rock in cityfight and even if you don't use the EOT codex then just use the docturines to represent their chaoticness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about using the Codex EOT for my army and making them really nasty. My other problem, or virture by the way you look at it, is that I am not a big spender and I had some other models laying around and I thought I could use them for Choas because Chaos are crazy anyway. I was going to to make some lizardmen into mutants, Tomb Guard lizard men as bloodletters, ork wolve riders as Chaos hounds, and maybe even orges with armor and guns as Oblierators. If you have any suggestions or my conversions are to crazy please state. Also what do Damonttes look like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't you going to have fun trying to explain to everyone what each model is?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by DP Excerion
    Aren't you going to have fun trying to explain to everyone what each model is?
    Exactly.. Noone likes to play against a proxy army. At the very least, a some chaotic bits to the models you're converting using greenstuff.

As for daemonettes, they look like nearly naked women with large claws and tentacles for hair. Look through the chaos section of the gallery, you're bound to find some well painted ones.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; May 1st, 2006 at 02:16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you'd have to change your bases from the warhammer fantasy range so it might just be the same cost to buy the model you're playing as. Not everyone's going to let you use a Tomb Guard as a Daemon, I know I wouldn't unless you were playtesting.

+ Reply to Thread