Defeating Devastators - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defeating Devastators

ok, I have a moderateley spread-out chaos list of 1500pts. and so my friend colects sm just for fun too. The problem is, I am having a HUGE problem with wethering Devestator fire. He has FOUR devistator squads, all armed with missile launchers, and one of the squads possesing the tank-hunter ability. Running across the battle feild just doesnt seem like an option at this point, and the only other thing that i can think of to thwart him is some deep-strike terminators(VERY expensive money wise, for a 16 year-old)My Deamon prince can get into melee with a squad pretty fast and hit hard too, but my friend gives all of his squads power-fists to counter my one coup de grace

any hints/thoughts/pointers?

"Vengance for the ultamate betrayal....Vengance for a fathers betrayal of his son. FOR THE NIGHT HAUNTER!!!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

My first thought, you're in the wrong forum, go ask the chaos forums. Second, passing thoughts, use bikes to get invulnerables or just deepstrike like you thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea...this kinda seemed like a rules forum...I dunno, Im kinda new to this whole mass forum thing:wacko:
    "Vengance for the ultamate betrayal....Vengance for a fathers betrayal of his son. FOR THE NIGHT HAUNTER!!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x3)

No harm done. The mods will catch and move this topic to the chaos forums eventually. You should get plenty of responses there. There may already be some threads on it there, not sure because I play against chaos alot, but I don't play as chaos, so I don't always read their forums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Thread moved.

Anyways, how does a Marine player get four Devastator squads? As Heavy Support units shouldn't he have a maximum of three?
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ostsol
    Thread moved.

Anyways, how does a Marine player get four Devastator squads? As Heavy Support units shouldn't he have a maximum of three?
    He takes the chapter trait that gets them as elites to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I scream, you scream, we all scream for defilers with Indirect Fire! Yay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

yeah defilers are Ideal for this situation. Blast him with ordnance while he cant see you. Another idea is and infiltrating cc (raptors!) squad. If you can infiltrate it out of sight near him then you only have to endure 1 round of shooting and if he spends that shooting the daemon prince you can tear through his devs.

Another idea is the good 'ol land raider, if your that desperate you can get some cc units and put em inside. That should survive until you reach him.

Why not take a couple of havos and tackle him head on? since you can take vet skills and he cant you can either infiltrate into cover or tank hunting autocannons. Infiltrate 12 plasma guns next to him and he will feel the pain. I've always said that chapter traits are a system to make SMurfs more chaosy.

If all else fails scream cheese at him until he gives in. As an eldar player I can tell you its an effective weapon.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do you think i won the last Grand tourney jk no but really what wepons does he giove his dev's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

The cheapest strategy I can think of is using some drop pods to get close quickly, rapid fire and then assault him next turn. I don't have the Chaos codex so I'm not sure how many units are eligible for drop pods but you can make them pretty quickly and cheaply.
    Anything from a spray painted plasctic beer cup, to 3" PVC female threaded piece + cap to some of the elaborate balsa/plasticard templates. Not to mention any bottle and cardboard monstrosity you can devise. Google it up and you'll find all kinds of ways to make a drop pod for $0-$10 CAD. (I just made a prototype from a file folder and masking tape, just to see how the template went together)

btw, are you in Calgary? If so you should come out to the Sentry Box for Robert's events every couple of Saturdays. Very casual, very fun and to be honest we could use some more marine players: Orks, Dark Eldar, Tyranids, IG rinse, lather, repeat.
    Last edited by medic_4077; May 2nd, 2006 at 16:07.
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast