Turbo Boost - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Turbo Boost

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turbo Boost

If i take a lord on a space marine bike and 4 chaos hounds. If he turbo Boost first can they keep up and do they get the invurnable save as well?

so the units would have a 3+ and a few 6+ inv. saves?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by lack0fbettername
    If i take a lord on a space marine bike and 4 chaos hounds. If he turbo Boost first can they keep up and do they get the invurnable save as well?

so the units would have a 3+ and a few 6+ inv. saves?
    Hounds are not bikes, and as such cannot turbo boost, putting them with a lord on a bike, the lord loses the ability to turbo boost because the whole unit does not have the ability. **Edit, Hounds can in fact move with the master, just no invul save**

I would suggest reading up in the rules for majority armor.
    Basically, if your hounds outnumber your lord, you must take the majority 6+ save until they are either equal or dead.
    Last edited by theyak; May 12th, 2006 at 20:07.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I checked em out before posting. Im not plannin on doing it. I may run the lord on bike alone or just drop the bike. I was Just currious about the hounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree. Hounds move 'at the same speed as their master'. Hence, if he moves 24 inches, they also move 24 inches.
    *In My Mind*

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Tuneisia, when you're right, you're right.
    My apologies for the wrong info!
    Hounds DO in fact move at the same speed as the master, but they will NOT get the turbo boost bonus since they are not on bikes or a jetbike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tunisia
    I disagree. Hounds move 'at the same speed as their master'. Hence, if he moves 24 inches, they also move 24 inches.
    I can see it both ways. Let me try to play both sides of the arguement.

Pro -

As Tunisia said, the Hounds always move at the speed of their master. Therefore, no matter how the Master moves, the Hounds should always be able to keep up, no matter what. Even should he have a Jump Pack and fly across Impassable Terrain - well hey, the Hounds can leap, right?

Con -

Turbo Boosters is a special rule granted upon the user by a bike. Checking the BGB, we see that Turbo Boosters has an asterisk, which means that it is lost by any IC that joins a squad without the rule. Followers + IC = Unit, so by this, we see that the IC loses the Turbo Boosters rule completely, and may not use it until the Hounds are dead.

In any case, just clear it up with your opponent before hand if you think it's going to be a problem.

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Hounds move as fast as their masters. I assume if the lord had a bike, his warp patrons would grant his followers the speed to catch up. If he moves, they follow. I see no conflict there. However, I don't believe that they could claim the save. The character is not joining a unit really anyway- the unit moves as he does, i.e. at the same speed at all times.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

385 (x8)

The character is not joining the unit, but the hounds + the character makes a unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by theyak
    The character is not joining the unit, but the hounds + the character makes a unit.
    So does a Chosen Retinue + the Character, but the character will still lose special rules that the squad will force him to lose.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

385 (x8)

Caluin, Yes, I agree. I had already made that point earlier.
    I was just pointing that unit making rule out to Imperialis. It seemed that he was arguing that
    since the hounds are wargear/additions that have assumed speed of the lord, that
    they aren't a "unit" in the sense that a character + chosen would be a unit.

so in short.. no arguement here.

+ Reply to Thread