Combos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Combos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Combos

Are there any particular combinations which work well in games? Any wargear/ units which work well together?

For example, I thought that a lord and retinue with MoS, daemonic visage, and a lash of torment, mounted in a rhino or LR with warp amp, could be good.

Run them up, get the rhino near them as the unit charges. Assuming you win the combat, they're at -5 Ld, and you have a pretty good initiative to charge them down with.

Rinse and repeat.

Although, this is a huge point sink. Might be useful for a big unit, though, especially one with characters in it.

*In My Mind*

(\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Right now, my favorite comos are:
    Statured prince with dreadaxe, flight, D.str, D.resiliance,D.aura, F.charge. Not too over the top expensive. Enemy doesn't get saves.

Unstatured DP. Darkblade, D.Strength, D.aura, Furious charge, spiky bits and mutation.
    Also weighs in sorta on the expensive side, but not overly. Str8 on the charge makes for an awesome anti T4 HQ killer, especially librarians(and their force weapons.. blah!)
    OR, even worse, put that combo on a Khorne berzerker(D.Blade,D.str, F.charge) lots of attacks instant death to characters, AND he has ablative wounds from squad... shudders.. ooooh!
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

I don't know that it would be as good as you think.
    First: there is a lot of fearless stuff in the game, so it won't work on everybody. This is my biggest issue with using psychological warfair in 40K
    Second: When it does, are you sure you want to beat them that soundly on the first round of close combat? It's all fun and games wiping out your opponents squad, but once it happens you're likely to have a CC squad out in the open in short range to the enemy: Not the healthiest of places to be if you can avoid it. It's best to try to finish a squad off on their turn, not yours. This leaves you free to move and re-accuire a target, and prevents them from doing anything to them between CC, and their next oppurtunity to charge.

As for combos, there are a bunch, the trick is making them worth the points you put into them.

A few examples:
    giving a Keeper if secrets or a slaanesh Lord a fist full of minor psychic powers: you have a guy that's near impossable to hurt outside of you charging them in CC. (cause they can't shoot at him or charge him. . .what are they going to do?)

You have your infamous Daemon Bomb: this works best with Slaanesh or Khorne: take some bikers, then load up on daemons. Turbo boost them right near your opponent on the first turn. They're gonna be hard to kill that turn due to the Invunerable save. Then your second turn 2/3 of your daemons fly out of bikers into CC with your opponent. . . and Daemons are hard to beat in CC. . .

Then of course there are more simple & practical combos, but just as important for winning the game: Using the best weapons together for optimal firepower for the squad at hand: CC squads are best with melta guns, because they're going to get close anyway, and they can fire them without sacrificing mobility or firepower. Infiltrating Shooty squads are best with plasma guns, because they're going to have range, and can maximize firepower for the points. ect. . .

I'm sure a simple browsal of the forum is going to reveal far more combos than anybody could bother to remember.
    Votewar MKV 2nd place. . .

Back from internet limbo, and glad to be here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Well.. there are all the obvious slannesh leadership / pinning combos.

Gift of chaos and warp focus (Thanks Monsieurcartier) for killing hidden powerfists.

Can't think of any more right now.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; May 18th, 2006 at 16:29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x3)

I thought it was warp focus for killing hidden PFs with Gift, Mantis?

A nice combination, although rather cheeky, is the Berzerker Glaive + Chainfist. Not only can a Lord with this combo waste entire squads but he can beat tanks silly too- look closely at the Glaive entry, just having it doubles your attack stat on your profile. You don't need to use it to get this bonus. Cheeky, but true.

Then you've got the stature/dreadaxe combo that most people use.
    AC w/Kai Gun and 4 Plasma Gunners in a rhino. Drop out, shoot, everything dies.:ninja:
    --Monsieur

"Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours"
    -Zen proverb
    Have you been touched?
    Pirate's Haven

USE TEH REP BUTTON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by monsieurcartier
    A nice combination, although rather cheeky, is the Berzerker Glaive + Chainfist. Not only can a Lord with this combo waste entire squads but he can beat tanks silly too- look closely at the Glaive entry, just having it doubles your attack stat on your profile. You don't need to use it to get this bonus. Cheeky, but true.
    That's iffy. LO had a big huge discussion on it in the rules forum, and most people believed that it just shouldn't work like that. It should still be there, or you can check the FAQ thread for the summary version.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 Minor Psychic powers to get siren and daemon bombs. You dont even need the daemons. A statured Prince tooled up still works so it can get into combat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

385 (x8)

D.bomb word bearers army. D.bomb's already been mentioned, but I wanted to point out just how extreme it can be.
    HQ on bike with the accursed crozius, D.armor, essence, and D.rune.
    EVERYTHING ELSE was daemons. 5 squads of Daemonettes, 4 squads of Bloodletters.
    That was an extreme case of the D.Bomb. He always seemed to manage to get it off just right, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But your over on your Daemonic gifts limit there by 10.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

385 (x8)

wow, YOU'RE RIGHT!! :yes: I'll have to keep that in mind for next time. :shifty:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast