Units I cant afford not to have? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Units I cant afford not to have?

Soon I will be amassing a 1500 pt Slaanesh Army for Medusa V and beyond. My question is what units MUST I have in this army? DP? GD? Dreads? etc. Ive read the tactica on the specific units, but what ones do I absolutely need?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

As usual, I always advise to go with as many troops you can afford to stick in there.
    As a rule of thumb, I don't like to go under 3 squads in any army at 1500 pts.

I feel that daemonettes are must have units for a slaanesh army. They're so awesome against power armored oponents that even 2 small squads will usually pay for themselves in a hurry.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I planned on having one unit of 12 daemonettes, with a smaller unit of 6, a couple of units of 6 man noise marines, a dp, a keeper, and a 6 man havoc squad, thats all ive added in so far. i wasnt sure where to move next.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea get alot of troops. Slaanesh is awesome at close combat, or awesome at ranged. depend on how they are equpied. I usually always take a predator with lascannon sponsons.Great for tank busting and not that expensive.
    i am alpha and omega.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

3 units of 6 noise marines all armed with sonic weapons, 12 daemonettes, 6 bikes with sonic weapons, and a 6 man havoc squad w/blast masters.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what about characters?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

The great thing about Chaos is that there is no one "uber unt" that you can't get along without. Every army has it's own unique feel and play style, so it all really depends on what you are playing.

For Slaanesh though, your best bet is a solid core of Marines and a few units of Daemonettes. That's all you really need - the rest you can add in as you figure out what units you like to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Hovoc
    what about characters?
    Unstatured DP w/MoS, D.Speed, D.Strength, Doom Siren, Dread Axe, Power weapon, Frag grenades.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

There are no must have units.. Anyone who tells you there are is just telling you how they play their army. The truth is, there are many ways to set up a chaos force to be effective.

If I had to pick, I'd say 2 squads of daemonettes and a 6 man squad with bolt pistols, close combat weapons and 1 blastmaster mounted in a rhino with a warp amp.

Then you can build on that.. perhaps some bikers to deliver the daemonettes. Maybe a keeper of secrets using the champion of the rhino squad as a host.. Perhaps some sonic weaponry equipped marines (though I'd generally class them as wasteful points sinks and leave them for higher point games.) It's all up to you and the way in which you want to play.. don't let anyone tell you how to do it.

That said, there are certain 'classes' of armies which tend to work well, and they all require different units.. The daemon bomb army uses bikes and daemons. The lord of ultimate cheese army takes a chaos lord with 8 minor psychic powers so he can almost never be shot at or charged and then bases the other choices around supporting him (probably daemonettes again.) It is possible to do a shooting based army, I wouldn't recommend it but if you can pull it off, more power to you.

My advice is to decide how you want your army to play, then we can help you pick the units to make it play like that.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; May 19th, 2006 at 04:26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

You could always go for the Siren Daemon Prince.
    perhaps with stature and combat drugs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast