Another "Starting Chaos" Thread. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another "Starting Chaos" Thread.

Hey dudes and dudettes,
    Some of you may know me and some may not.

The title is a lie, for I am not Starting chaos all in all, but starting a new army! !

I am basing this army on the Alpha Legion army list, Cause cultists are kewl.

well, to my question.

What should I use for cultists, Chaos Maruders?
    Also, Can anyone surgest a paint skeam, and.. anything else you'd like to add
    tips, tricks tactics, armylists ect/

I am Narcotick. Fear me.

LO Musicians clan.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

May I suggest my own post? ^^'
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-1850-a.html#2 (looking to start alpha legion, up to 1850)

As fot the paint scheme for your cultists, you could probably use anything you like, from posh ceremonial robes to military fatigues (who said it can't be a survivalist chaotic cult?).

Army lists. Try searching the army lists' subforum for Alpha Legion lists. Our benevolent mod, Caluin, plays Alpha Legion as well. Or better, write your own and post it there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by onodera
    Our benevolent mod, Caluin, plays Alpha Legion as well.
    Sort of works like speaking a daemon's true name. Can't help but noticing whenever someone drops it in a post.

So are you interested in only learning about cultists? Or Alpha Legion as a whole?

I'll just start with Cultists. They're pretty simple to use, and hard to not use effectively. First off, always make them assassins. The other two vet skills simply aren't worthwhile, but furious charge goes a long ways to making them hardcore. (Note: Scouts is fair if you expect a large amount of terrain, but more often than not the Furious Charge is more useful.)

Second, make sure you have a Cult Champion. He should be armed with a Power weapon and Daemonic Strength. This gives him strength 5 on the charge, which is very nice.

What you do from there is up to how you've designed the army. I've never found Grenades to be worthwhile, but some people find meltabombs useful. They're especially nice if you have limited tank removal, as even in a 12 man squad, you're bound to hit atleast twice, and it only takes one Meltabomb to devestate a vehicle.

In any case, I've found cultists to be great "throw away" units. They're cheap to buy and outfit, and you just throw them at the enemy. If you've ever played 'Nids, they're much like Hormies. If they kill something, great for them! If they tied up a unit's worth of shooting for a turn, great for them!

For conversions, most people I know use stock IG models and just make them look more Chaotic. That's basically what Cultists are - just regular planetary Guard that have turned to Chaos, mixed in with locals that have picked up weapons. I think Marauders would be a bit too big to accurately represent them. You could also check the classic range on the GW website - I believe they have old Cultists models still avaliable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd personally use marauders with guns mixed with catchans for bulging muscles and mix it together.

You have bulging muscles with lasguns, old axes and cheap armour.

+ Reply to Thread