Sigh... another loss for Black Legion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

Sigh... another loss for Black Legion

:cry: Again... I lost to my friend's Eldar army, AGAIN! I am so sick of losing against him, I haven't won once against him, driving insane.

I even thought I had a good chance, but he came through anyways. Worst part is he is adapting a even better list against me. Any help from you guys would be majorly appreciated. Here is his general list:

Seer Concuil
    2 Farseer
    w/ Ghosthelm, Rune of Witnessing
    Fortune
    5 Warlocks
    Enhance

5 Fire Dragons (including Exarch) in Falcon (Starcannon & Laser)

10 Banshees with Exarch

3 Dark Reapers with Exarch (ALWAYS stashed in cover)

10 Guardians w/ Starcannon (w/ Warlock)
    6 Guardians

2 Vypers with Brightlance

Wraithlord

Last edited by LictorInTheGrass; June 5th, 2006 at 13:24.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x5)

Use a bike unit w/meltaguns to daemon bomb some daemonettes, their warp scream ability coupled with rending should give you a chance against eldar, they usually strike simultaneously. Also inflitrating havocs with heavy bolters and/or autocannons will punch through the majority of their armor. An obliterator or two should help out against the avatar and wraithlord.
    Xbox Gamertag: x Helbrecht x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LictorInTheGrass
    Seer Concuil
    2 Farseer
    w/ Ghosthelm, Rune of Witnessing
    Fortune
    5 Warlocks
    Enhance

5 Fire Dragons (including Exarch) in Wave Serpant (Starcannon & Laser)

10 Banshees with Exarch

3 Dark Reapers with Exarch (ALWAYS stashed in cover)

6 Guardians

2 Vypers with Brightlance

Wraithlord

Well first off, which units do you have? I would suggest taking a lot of heavy bolters. Take out the starcannon toting units such as the Guardians and Dark Reapers with their anti-MEQ weapons. I'm also wondering, are you sure its a waveserpent that the Fire Dragons are in? I ask this because Waveserpents can only have one main weapon that is twin-linked.
    "They say the Darkness consumes you. They don't say what happens after It's done."

Pwned by Phobos. LictorInTheGrass's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -27 (x0)

Yeah it was a Falcon. As for my units, I pretty much have can proxy right now, as I am trying to find the best army. But I did take 2 Defilers and a Havocs with 4 H. bolters. HQ was a DP w/ MoS, and a Lieu with MoS and Retinue (very ineffective).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

havocs /w 4 autocannons and tank hunters is the only thing in the game that can reliably take out a falcon. Can also go aspect hunting.

Your friend has made a mistake in that his only anti-tank is on his BS3 models so a predator /w autocannon and 2 heavy bolters should be quite nasty and fairly safe.

against the seer council you just need to tie them down in cc. Take a few raptors or infiltrating chaos marines and since they dont ignore your save you can stop them using their powers.

The avatar isn't dangerous and will quickly die to a round of rapid-firing bolters. This guy is the target of your basic marines.

The dark reapers should be killed by your autocannons fairly early.

The fire dragons could present a problem but with only 6 shots they are mainly designed to pop your defilers. You can probably just ignore them.

Ignore the wraithlord, it will rarely make its points back, lascannons can kill it quite easily but none of your marines should have lascannons. Many people forget that a wraithlord is quite slow and easy to avoid. It will be arriving last out of your opponents army so odds are the battles already over by the time it arrives.

Basically 2 squads of 10 marines /w a heavy bolter and plasma gun each + 2 havoc squads /w tank hunting autocannons and a AC/HB pred are incredibly useful. Just sit back and make him bleed then use your armour and T4 to break his assault.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Hey Lictor,
    I can tell you what's worked for me against similar army lists.
    So, I would suggest taking a pair of havoc squads. One with autocannons, tank hunters, and infiltrate(so you can position these guys in the best possible way)
    And, one havoc squad with rocket launchers. Krak grenades will take out reapers with only their cover save, and wound the wraith lord on 4+, giving no armor save.

A trio of obliterators to fill out your long range dakka- these guys will come in handy to mop up if/when one of your long range elements don't do the job.

The rest of the points could be spent in guying supporting CSM squads- 8x CSM CCW+ BP, HB, Plasma gun is about 170pts A pair of these squads to sit as screen units to kill off stragglers and screen for incoming unpleasantries(banshees)

And then a pair of furious charging 8 man squads to counter assault.

Try playing a refused flank and close the trap when things come too close.

Hope this helped
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

+ Reply to Thread